SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moo_dang

Kitchen faucet pull out hose arcing with drain pipe

Moo Dang
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all,
Have a problem of the kitchen faucet pull out hose arcing against the drain pipe. Frustrating thing, happens intermittently. I've been trying to get it to happen for the past hour and nothing. The dishwasher's on right now, nothing. Yesterday night doing dishes in the sink, heard the arc and recorded a video linked below. Believe when we first noticed the problem it was also happening with the breakers turned off. I say believe because breakers for entire house were turned off after we saw the problem and I still saw it arcing. But that's hard to believe. Oh nothing major done to house in 3 years and that was the breaker box being replaced.

I was all set to call an electrician until I realized I couldn't get it to happen consistently. What if I call them out with the minimum service fee and nothing. Then I thought wait should I be calling a plumber or electrician in the first place? Then I thought what can I check myself. So I'm in a dizzy right now on how to proceed. Thanks for reading.

Comments (11)