SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
burntfingers

Help needed please -- to pull out or not to pull out?

burntfingers
10 years ago

I've waffled on this long enough; time for help.

The situation:

1. I need to pick a faucet for my prep sink. This sink will be used (wait for it....) for prep. And occasionally to supply water for baking and the dog's bowl. And to serve as an ice bucket during entertaining.

2. I like to keep my faucet on 'spray' (as opposed to 'normal' flow), so I've been looking for a pull-out faucet where the faucet does not have to be put back in 'spray' every time the water is turned on.

3. The sink (and faucet) are in the corner of an island that is closest to the dining area and living room. Small open plan house. So I've been looking for an unobtrusive faucet - about 8' high.

4. The house & kitchen are trending modern.

5. Most of the faucets I've been able to find that fit the style of the house and have a pullout spray are high arc, and therefore too tall. And of those, only a few will stay in the spray position if the water is turned off.

6. As a complicating factor, this sink also has a Tapmaster. Since the faucet has to remain in the 'on' position for the Tapmaster to work, I don't know how this will affect the spray/non-spray function of the faucet.

7. So we come to the crux of the matter. Do I go with the Kohler Karbon, which does have a spray that survives having the water turned off and which I've drooled over for two years, but which is way over budget, a Grohe Eurodisc which does have a pullout but which Grohe has told me re-sets whenever the water is turned off, or do I just go with a standard Eurodisc faucet - no pullout - and just put on one of those spray attachments that screws on the end of the faucet and that you can buy at Home Depot for under $10?

This link might help - it shows the pullout Grohe. The non-pullout looks the same but with just a spout. And I'm sure you all know what the Karbon looks like ....

HELP! and thanks....

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe Eurocast faucet

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert