SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

I know I need a counter depth fridge. I'm worried it'll be too small

julieste
3 years ago

I'm trying to plan a layout for a townhouse, small-sized kitchen (about 9 x 13). Realistically I know counter depth is what will work best because I just won't have the space to have a honking big full size, standard depth fridge sticking into the middle of the room. This is a second home that we'll be using for close to half of the year, and there are just two of us. But, we will have occasional guests.

Our primary home has a very large 28 or 30 cu ft french door fridge. And, we have an additional fridge in the basement. I'll admit that stuff can get lost and/or forgotten in those.

I'd kind of vowed to myself that perhaps in this new (to us) second home I'd move to a more European model of grocery shopping and just go much more frequently. Now, here we all are trying to shop infrequently and jam as much stuff into the fridge as we can.

I've read about making space to recess a standard depth fridge, but in our situation that would be quite convoluted and probably would entail large costs too. There is no basement and no garage, so we don't have that option for an additional fridge.

Will I really miss the space and regret the decision to go with counter depth?

Comments (37)