SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristin_dillard24

ISO front porch ideas

Kristin Dillard
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Sometime in the next couple years I want to add a gabled front porch to this house with the gable centered on the front door. However, I'm afraid it might look odd since the front window on the left is noticably larger than the one on the right. It would be like, "Welllll, she was trying for symmetry, but it's not quite there".I think the previous owners enlarged the one window though, I'm pretty sure the two front windows matched originally. I could put the original size window back, or I could try to design the porch to work with the odd sizes. I could also possibly enlarge the window even further (if you look closely, you can see that whoever enlarged the window took away some of the concrete block on either side. It's painted wood there now, so there would be no block to take out) and make it into a cantilevered bay window and go with an asymmetrical design instead.I'm leaning towards restoring the wall and replacing the large window with one that matches the existing window, but I'm interested to hear others' ideas.

Comments (3)