SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_146606114

Need help please with door/hinges hardware dilemma

Panda83 Lover
4 years ago

I am building a new home. There will be a game room and wet bar and pool bath off the game room. The pool bath has also a door to the patio. So there are two door in the pool bath, one from game room and one from the bath to the patio. At the wet bar, we wanted to put in a polished chrome bar faucet and pendant lights above the bar with polished chrome finish. We also wanted the pool bath which is not far away to have polished chrome faucet and hardware on the doors. There is also a door leading from the game room to the garage. The house is big and the whole rest of the whole has oil rubbed bronze hardware. The game room is to have the polished chrome because of the fun theme that is in the game room and the bright vibrant colors on artwork on the walls. The problem is that off the patio is also two sets of French doors that open out and they will have bronze hardware. You can see the hinges on those doors and the pool bath door when they are shut when you are outside. Is it okay to have the pool bath entry door with chrome hinges and knobs, the faucet chrome and cabinet knobs chrome and the knob on the inside of the exterior door of the bathroom chrome, but the hinges bronze and the knob on the outside of pool bath exterior door bronze?

Also the door leading from the game room to the garage first goes through the mud room. Then there is one more door to the garage. Should all those be chrome also? I want to have this bright shiny polished chrome fun look in the game room/bar that gives it a different vibe and feel and the pool bath is what everyone will use as the bathroom downstairs when in the game room. If I do chrome on inside of bath and bronze on outside, I will have to buy two separate finishes in the same style for one door so I can have each side done. Extra money, but I want the look to be right. Any help or ideas here? Thanks so much.

Comments (7)