SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bpath

Julia’s bœuf bourgignon

bpath
4 years ago

Just before the library closed, I checked out a couple of DVDs of The French Chef. I always learn something, being a servantless American cook lol. And they are fun. I also got the audiobook of Julie and Julia to listen to in the car, and I watched the movie. I tend to obsess a little about topics, for brief periods. Anyway, to further my obsession, I pulled out my mom’s Mastering the Art. It’s a 16th printing from 1967, but it is supposedly the original edition as there is no mention of changes.

I made her bœuf bourgignon from the book, though I didn’t do the end step with onions and mushrooms. It was delicious.

Last night I watched the very first episode of The French Chef, and she made bœuf bourgignon, and it is rather different from the book, and much much simpler. Still looks delicious. I need to find that recipe.

I know there are many ways to make such a dish, she even says so on the show and in the book. But, she did the show because of the book. So I wonder why she didn’t make the same recipe (too much time, I’m sure) or explain the differences (there was a bit of time, she was stretching at the end.)

Most importantly, what is your favorite bœuf bourgignon, or other beef stew, recipe?

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County