SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamaandsage

35.75" w fridge in 36" w space ok or ask for fillers?

mamaandsage
4 years ago

We're in middle of kitchen remodel. I asked designer originally about fridge sticking out and she said it needs to to open and many kitchens are that way and it looks fine. A good 9" sticking out past 24' pantries I think I've decided to go with a counterdepth fridge down the road instead of the other options of fridge panels or moving pantries forward to save on floor space and because even with panels fridge and panels will still stick out and designer said she thinks I'll eventually want a counterdepth fridge and will be disappointed by the look of panels since my style is more scandinavian. We fill out 28 cubic feet fridge and our 30" fridge in the garage but I think I've come to grips with the idea of putting our big fridge in the garage and getting a counterdepth in the kitchen. Garage isn't too many steps away, it's just another step of opening garage door to access fridge...

GC is waiting to hear my decision and in the meantime I made a word doc of various counterdepth fridges trying to see what some of the bigger dimensions will be since I'm sure I'll always try to get the biggest fridge. With that, I found one fridge (too $ for my budget unless we get it on black friday...) that has the largest dimensions I found. It's 35.813" wide and 71.875" H. It's not my "dream" fridge but I figure with fridges always changing I should make room for the biggest one. Or should I? should i fit the fridge to the space?

do i have them add spacers to my 36" space (there will be a cab above fridge) to better fit fridge? Right now it's temporarily sat in the space and space seems so small and fridge is off kilter so it's touching on one since on the top while the other areas have larger gaps, but no more than 1/2" or less, since my fridge is 35.75 and they allowed for 36.5" in this temporary situation.

I can see why people want less room, so it looks more built in.

anyone have experience wishing they had more or less room? thx!

Comments (15)