SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julio_valdez6

Solar panel leak/s

4 years ago

Hi,

One of the solar panels has two leaks. One leak is easier to get as it's near the middle of the collector which seems to be made of hard rubber.

I inserted two (by accident) plugs. One plug is up there (inside) and the other plug closest to the cut I put liquid nail adhesive and inserted.

The other leak in in the pvc. I ended up splicing and using two couplins along with 16" of white pvc to marry to the existing black pipe. I used purple primer (not sure if this is correct when you marry black and white pvc) and then added blue pvc glue. I apparently did not put enough glue on one side (see photo with red circle which indicates the location of the leak). It still has a slight leak (minimal).

My question/s; how do I successfully repair the hard rubber collector using the plugs? The leak still exists though it's very minimal.

Can I put some type of silicone or epoxy to stop the leak in the white pvc couplin that still has a slight leak?

Third and last leak seems to be coming from the underside of the collector at the connecting point (where the hard rubber collector meets the tubing). This has me scratching my head.

Thanks in advance.

pool leak video

pool leak video II

Comment