SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmtless

New Roof color, OPINIONS PLEASE HELP?

LISA
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Opinions Please!!!! It's time for a new roof, but what one, what color?

I plan on using GAF 3-Dim. Shingles. The house was resided with Hardy Board, and the exterior has been repainted in 2019. The trim, frt doors, and current garage doors are a dark brown-bronzy color, not black (pic of Sherwin Williams colors used).

Glass garage doors are superimposed over current doors to give a completed look I'm after.

I plan to install this style garage doors after the roof, hopefully this summer as well.

Any info. on these type doors is you can give would be awesome. It'll be my next project.

House as of late last summer 2019. Current roof is a three tab black roof,

but looks almost brown in this pic which was taken early morning.

The taupe colored siding above the garage represents more of the true color it is. The side of the house is in shadow and is throwing off the siding color, but I wanted to give another angle / view of the house.

As of late last summer (2019). All sky lights to be replaced as well.

Side of house (back side of garage doors). As of late last summer (2019)

This pic on the left is what it looked like at the time of purchase in 2013, it was a bank owned house. The pic on the right taken late last summer and is how it look as of now, April 2020.

Labor of love for sure!

Ultimately, I think the best look would be a metal roof, but I don't plan on being in this house but for a few more years and the HOA won't allow it.

Urban Bronze on Frt. door, garage doors, and trim.

Keystone Gray on siding, which is more of a taupe than gray.

Pure White is on the brick.

Also, the deck was stained in a Solid Color (Urban Bronze) stain.

The inside of the house has warm colors throughout.

April 2020

April 2020

Comments (5)