SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rschroeder987

Need input on patio umbrella colors

Becky
4 years ago

Hi there,

I'm struggling to decide what color patio umbrellas to use and if I should match them.

I have on large beige umbrella already, am looking to add 2 or 3 additional 9' umbrellas to be positioned around the pool.

First, some reference information.

- I picked mostly neutrals so we can have different color schemes without anything clashing. I went with brown and grey because the kitchen that opens up to this patio is a reclaimed brown wood floor with painted grey cabinets, and it ties in nicely to the outdoors.

- Waterline tile on the pool is a mix of grey and browns

- Furniture is beige and brown because it is the easiest to find

- Pool slide, bar top tables, ceiling fans, and the spa are all grey

- I went with green as the accent because the house trim is a dark green, also just the outdoors in general, and I think green matches almost any color scheme that we might need.

- The two accent patterns being used are beige stripes (curtains, throw pillows) and a palm leaf print where I need color (rug, dishes, large pillows on the daybed)

Pictures:

The covered patio area, where most of the color is. Hard to see but the curtains have beige vertical stripes.

Looking back towards the house, umbrellas would be around the ledge, one for the chaise lounges, one for the circular sectional, maybe one towards the deep end on the far side. You can see how monotone this looks, which is why part of me wanted a green umbrella, also the huge grey slide looks very huge and very grey.

Looking out towards the pool from the patio, this would be the view from the patio doors and the kitchen, an umbrella would go approximately where the planter is. Also you can see the palm leaf cushions in the daybed in the back.

I am trying to decided between beige, grey, or green umbrellas. I like beige because it is very neutral but worry it's becoming boring, I like grey because I think I might need a bit more of it to tie everything together, and I like green because the pop of color is nice. I'm paralyzed and don't know which to choose.

I'm not sure if they should all match, or maybe get one or two neutrals and one green for the color.

In terms of patterns, I'm really drawn to the stripes but I don't want to overdo it. I like how the stripes give it sort of a resort feel though.

So please help!

What colors work best?

Should I keep it all matching or mix and match?

Stick to solids or incorporate the stripes?

Comments (14)