SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

Need simple lighting for hall bathroom

Peke
4 years ago

This is a lakehouse so we want simple lighting for a hall bathroom. Flooring is black marble tiles with white veins. Shower or tub walls will be white or light gray tiles. 4 ft vanity has one sink. No window in the room. Shower/tub, closet, and toilet on one 12 ft wall. Nothing on other 12 ft wall unless the vanity is moved there. This is the way it was built in 1966 so no changes to the long 12 ft wall.

Nothing else will be changed. The placement of the vanity could go on 7.5 ft wall or on the long 12 ft wall opposite the shower and toilet. New cabinets will be medium oak color.

Heat/vent/nightlight is in the ceiling. Since there is no window, I need lights on the wall on both sides of the mirror or above the mirror.

I don't like pendant lights in the bathroom, and I don't like lights that look like they have fabric lamp shades. (There are tons of lamp shade lights in bathrooms on Houzz.)

I have read that some people put ceiling to countertop mirrors with holes cut out for wall sconces to make the bathroom less dark, but I don't know about that. That would make the mirror taller than it was wider. I was thinking about a rectangular framed mirror that is wider than taller, but I guess it depends if the lights go above or beside the mirror.

I don't know how high to place the lights or how many I will need. Above mirror with 3-4 lights or beside the mirror with 1-2 lights?

Brushed nickel is my first choice for metals. I would love to hear suggestions on lights, mirrors, and vanity placement. Thanks.

Comments (9)