SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
osulala

Ficus Elastica new growth curls

Osulala
4 years ago

I saved a Ficus Elastica Tineke a couple of months ago from my neighbours garbage bin. She said that all it did was lose leaves. I think she overwatered it. I took it in and it stopped losing leaves, it's even growing a new one! I had it 2 metres from a southwest facing window, but moved it recently onto the sill of said window since I read that variegated plants often need more light then no variegated ones. Yet no change (I know it takes time though :p).
I can't find anything on the internet about why only the new growth curls like this so I'm wondering if anyone here has had this before, what could cause this, how to save this leaf, etc. Because it's curious to me that only the new growth does this.
More info: this FE gets watered when it's almost completely dry (meassuring with probe in combination with weightlifting), is in a pot with drainage holes, I bottom water it and as said before lives next to a southwest window since a couple of days since I noticed the new growth acting funny.

Comments (16)