SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

I went to the hospital today - for a CT scan

3katz4me
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I thought seriously about cancelling this but then again I thought things are only going to get worse and it could be months before I could get it done and I didn't want to wait that long to make sure I don't have recurrent cancer.

It was yet another surreal experience. There were no other non-personnel anywhere. All the doors to the hallways beyond the main desk were closed. There were four people at the desk and they all had masks on. They put my name and phone number on a log - presumably to track me if needed related to the CV. They opened the door so I could go back to the admission desk where they told me my scan was cancelled - didn't anyone call me - no I didn't get the message. They were very accommodating and did let me have the scan.

The tech explained to me that they have cancelled everything but emergent cases and are segregating things in the hospital for those with respiratory illness and those without - the CT scanners for example. I thanked him profusely for letting me have the scan and he said no problem - they don't have anything to do because everything has been cancelled. I asked how long it would take to get my results and he said probably 30 minutes as the radiologists have nothing to do. We talked a bit about CV and he said he wasn't so concerned for himself but didn't want to bring it home to his family.

As I left my heart went out to all these healthcare providers in the calm before the storm. They are all readying themselves and their facility for what lies ahead and I'm sure they are scared, as we all are, but our day to day fears will be nothing like what they are facing. I thanked everyone there for their work as I thank everyone working at the grocery store for being their for us.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County