SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_784008888

Living in 5th wheel during home build.

matt S
4 years ago

Anybody live in a RV/camper/5th wheel during your home build?

That is our plan relatively soon. Purchased a 35 ft 5th wheel to live in while building a house on our land. We have 15 acres in Ohio with two 40x96 pole barns. Working on getting power to one of the barns. I plan on parking the 5th wheel in the pole barn while we live in it. The trailer will be hooked up the power supplies from the barn. I plan on also getting a portable propane tank for heat/stove/etc.

There is no water or septic on the property so here is my plan: I purchased two 250 gallon water tanks that I will fill at the local water station for our clean water. When time to dump the black water tank, I will have a portable “blueboy” that I will fill up and take to a nearby campground to dump. The gray water will be dumped on the property somewhere. Once the septic system is complete on the new house, I plan on just dumping the black water tank into there.

Im hoping this will be a fairly comfortable way of living during the home build process. Does anybody have any tips for me? How was your experience?

Thanks

Comments (24)