SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_250784160

How many coats of paint can you have on the wall???

C A
4 years ago

So I'm in Egypt. And renovating here is whole other challenge. There are lots of different ideas here about how things work. And I'm not sure about what I'm being told.

The guys doing the paint on my house first scratched off all the old paint, then they treated the wall with primer, semi-paint and some thing that is like a hardener to make the wall smooth et. Then they do the paint color.

The guys put the wrong paint color in the kitchen, it was very dark. They re-did it but still it was not the color code I chose. Now they have to do it a third time.

My new contractor says this is going to be a huge problem and that you cannot have this many layers of paint. He said it's not going to last and I will see cracks eventually and paint falling off.

The contractor who did the paint though said all walls are already prepared and fixed with primer and all the necessary pre-coats and from now on the only thing I have to do if I ever want to change the color, is to paint a new color over the wall and that's it.

*Am I going to see problems in the paint in my kitchen falling off?

*Also, the scib/hardener they used on the walls is a medium gray. I will be painting the entryway and hallway off white and was told by the new contractor that they are messing up by trying to paint a light color over a hardener that's medium gray.

I'm lost.

I should add, we are using Jotun Fenomastic Paint.

Comments (14)