SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Where have all the powders gone?

mxk3 z5b_MI
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Was looking in the laundry aisle of the grocery and noticed a paucity of powders -- I think maybe only 4 in the vast aisle of laundry products. I was struck by this, years ago it was the other way around. Why is this?

I ended up buying a box of 7th Generation powder at the local Whole Foods (all the other stores only carry the liquid), and that was a last chance item at a big discount. I only had enough cash on me to buy one of the two remaining boxes, if the other box is still there when I stop in next week I'll get it. Looks like I'll have to resort to ordering a powder when this box is used up...sigh. (might try Biokleen that was rec'd not too long ago instead of the 7th Gen when I order, since won't be able to get the 7th Gen around here anymore anyway).

But really what is puzzling me is with all the chatter about too much plastic, high use of water resources, climate change, etc --> aren't liquids by far worse in terms of all that than powders? I mean, a liquid detergent is pretty much a bottle of water with some cleaning ingredients, right? And all that plastic...oy.

Comments (27)