SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hareball17

What shows are you watching? :)

Hareball
4 years ago

I like watching the Masked Singer (didn't watch yesterday so no spoilers please!) My husband and I like watching Million Dollar Listing New York and are really into Project Blue Book.

With each episode of Project Blue Book I think I have it figured it out, and then by the end of the episode I'm confused again. haha It's very interesting and I love the time period in which it takes place. The 50's, so awesome fashion, cars and decor. :)

Comments (31)

• Lars
    4 years ago

I have watched a few episodes of Million Dollar Listing New York, just for the furniture. I really do not pay attention to the plot of the show and fast-forward through parts that do not show interiors.

The series I watch include Project Runway and RuPaul's Drag Race.

Hareball thanked Lars
  • joann_fl
    4 years ago

I recently started Call the Midwife. I just Love Miranda.

Hareball thanked joann_fl
  • Related Discussions

Do you watch gardening shows?

Q

Comments (24)
    I get frustrated when I watch "Yard Crashers" and they just plop the plants in without loosening up root balls, plant too many shrubs/trees too close and that grow too large for the small yards and don't give the owners tips on feeding, watering and trimming the plants. Well, maybe they do off camera. The other thing that gets me is all the outdoor "rooms" with drapes, tablecloths, cushions, pillows and quilts. They look gorgeous and I would love to have one. But, what they don't show is how you either drag all that fabric inside every evening or leave it outside in the Florida sun and humidity to fade and mildew.
    ...See More

The Joey and Rory Show

Q

Comments (7)
    In addition to being wonderful singers, Joey and Rory are good folks, and their show is like the wholesome shows of my youth. The segment from their restaurant is super and they have some very good recipes. And I just love Wynn Varble and his sense of humor. He was on a reality show a few years ago, and I fell in love with him. He has written songs for some of the top country music artists (including Garth Brooks, Brad Paisley, Trace Adkins, Kellie Pickler, Montgomery Gentry, etc.), and he is also a singer.
    ...See More

If you watch the Today Show 'Ambush Makeovers'......

Q

Comments (3)
    Lynn, maybe you can still see it here. There's a sleeveless dress under the jacket. I agree about the husbands' expressions. Once in a while they look a little alarmed, and I don't blame them--sometimes the woman no longer looks anything like her old self. I can just imagine how they'll enjoy going out on the town that evening. I think the makeup artists might scale back on the eye makeup a bit, though. Not everyone looks best with eye shadow up to the eyebrows. Houstonmom, that's a good find! I love games.......one of these days I'll have to ask the KT for a refresher course on how to have a game night with friends.
    ...See More

I am not agreeing with a PBS show that I am watching

Q

Comments (6)
    Yeah isn't it amazing the untruths that could so easily be eliminated if they just did a bit of research! Course then we have to worry about where they do their research. ;-) Bet it was a real trip! 66 days on the Mayflower with hives full of honey bees so they could turn up in the US. And the Jamestown ships voyages were even months longer. Wonder if honey bees got sea sick? Dave
    ...See More
  • vicsgirl
    4 years ago

I believe new episodes of Call the Midwife are coming around the end of March. I'm looking forwad to them! I am a science fiction and Stephen Kig fan, i've been watching Star Ttek Picard and the Outsider. Both are limited series. But still good,I'm enjoying the suspense.

Hareball thanked vicsgirl
  • Hareball
    Original Author
    4 years ago

liira55 I was just about to say I love 90 Day Fiance as well. It's addicting! I know it's meant to kind of be trash tv but some of the recent couples and their situations seam forced to bring in more ratings. It's not necessary. It was already interesting and that's why so many watch.

• liira55
    4 years ago

@Hareball, are you watching the new one that started a couple of weeks ago? Does Yolanda really think that Williams has a British accent? He is totally catfishing her.

Hareball thanked liira55
  • amylou321
    4 years ago

I have been watching "The Tudors," on Amazon, which lead into "The White Queen," which lead to "The White Princess." I am not usually big on dramas at ALL but I like history and I was SICK of everything on tv so there ya go.

I sometimes indulge in trashy trainwreck tv as well. Think "Love after Lockup." I mean, honey, she was in jail for FRAUD and DRUGS, why are you surprised that she stole your credit card and went on a drug binge?!?!!? What did you think would happen??????

Lately I have been taking more advantage of the on demand feature of my YouTube tv, watching nostalgic favorites, like "Garfield and Friends." Or older episodes of shows like Barefoot Contessa or the Superstar Tournament of Guys Grocery Games. I have gotten to a point where I am only interested in such cooking competitions if the chefs are famous.

And i never miss a new episode of "The Incredible Doctor Pol."

Hareball thanked amylou321
  • Michael
    4 years ago

Just finished The Stranger. Last week was Unforgotten. My Sprint account sends us a code every month for a free movie provided by Fandango. Tonight is Ford vs Ferrari.

Hareball thanked Michael
  • peaceofmind
    4 years ago

I recently subscribed to Hulu and I'm enjoying watching old seasons of Survivor. I have no stomach for suspense so I like to know who the winners are going to be in advance. I enjoy watching how that person plays the game. I'm up to season 13 and I still don't see much rhyme or reason behind who wins. I'm also watching Schitts Creek. I was put off by the title when it was originally on but I've come to terms with that. The writing and acting are really great although it was hard to plow through the first season. It gets better as the seasons go along. Other than that, I watch Counting On with the Dugger family and Sister Wives. I'm another person who takes no pride in what I watch. I have watched the Kardashians and the various Housewives shows but I can no longer enjoy them. I think those kind of shows are addictive, at least for me, so I try not to tune in even for a minute or I'm hooked.

Hareball thanked peaceofmind
  • DawnInCal
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Our tv watching list is pretty sparse. Hubby likes Law and Order (both the new episodes and the re-runs of older episodes) and I like Naked and Afraid (guilty pleasure), Chicago Med and Chicago Fire. I also usually watch a couple of late night re-runs of Mom. It took a while to grow on me, but now I find it quite entertaining and funny.

Hareball thanked DawnInCal
  • JustDoIt
    4 years ago

Dawn - I too love Mom.

The Sinner is a very engaging series that I am currently watching.

Hareball thanked JustDoIt
  • PattiG(rose)
    4 years ago

I like Call the Midwife, looking forward to the new season. Really like Schitt's Creek. I like When Calls the Heart, but missed Season 6. Season 6 is not on Netflix yet, and if I want to watch the first 3 episodes I missed on Xfinity I have to pay.

I will have to pay to watch this season of Outlander as Xfinity no longer has a contract agreement with STARZ, unless I want to wait until Netflix picks it up.

You have to be right on top of the coming season to watch without paying it seems.

Hareball thanked PattiG(rose)
  • Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
    4 years ago

I'm kind of getting in to Bless this Mess. Reminds me of the Schitt's Creek humor which I loved. I also love Mom. Just finished watching V Wars, a modern vampire series. The lead actor reminds me of Rob Lowe (very cute) 😍.

Hareball thanked Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
  • Kathsgrdn
    4 years ago

Season 10, last episode of Vera on Britbox. Started it last night and will finish it tomorrow night maybe. I need to check to see if there are new shows of Stranger Things. I can't even remember which shows I was watching except that one...they don't have seasons for so long that I forget about them. Very frustrating.

Hareball thanked Kathsgrdn
  • vicsgirl
    4 years ago

I alsi like Bless This Mess. Anyone notice it's the same basic idea as an old 60's show, "Green Acres" ?

Hareball thanked vicsgirl
  • marilyn_c
    4 years ago

Before moving here last August. I watched almost no TV. Now I watch 90 Day Fiance, 60 Days In, shows on Vice about drugs...smuggling, using, and intervention. I also watch Survivor.

Hareball thanked marilyn_c
  • Hareball
    Original Author
    4 years ago

liira55 I thought the same thing. I hear no British accent. He sounds like he just woke up or is drunk all the time. It sucks because she seems like such a sweetheart.

• Uptown Gal
    4 years ago

Love "This is Us", watch the first two of the "Chicago" shows (MD and FD).

A lot of shows, off and on on HGTV and Food Channel and PBS. Even

watch reruns of The Big Bang Theory. Have to try to avoid the News channels whenever I can.

Hareball thanked Uptown Gal
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    4 years ago

I watch almost no network TV. Sometime DIY (Salvage Dogs), sometime a little Animal Planet or Nat Geo Wild. Otherwise I prefer just to stream BritBix or Acorn TV. Just finished Lovejoy last night. Now will pick some other series and watch it until it's done. I'm thinking Foyle's War. I have seen bits and pieces of it on PBS but what I like about streaming is that they almost always offer the entire series intact so you can follow from start to finish. And I really like Michael Kitchen :-)

Hareball thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • nicole___
    4 years ago

The Good Doctor. No problems relating to it here. My neighbor is an autistic Pediatrician.

Hareball thanked nicole___
  • chisue
    4 years ago

Counterpart is our current Teatime Matinee pick. There are only two seasons. I can't imagine why Starz cancelled it, supposedly for being 'too male'. Huh? Glad Amazon picked it up for streaming.

Hareball thanked chisue
  • Jasdip
    4 years ago

I watch no tv through the week but enjoy streaming shows on the weekends. I have a book where I keep track of all the shows I watch, I don't watch any one show till the end, I jump around.

I finished 800 words last weekend. A lovely show set about an Australian widower and his 2 teenagers set in N.Z. I mentioned it on the previous thread and GardenGal mentioned that it's shown regularly on PBS.

I also love A Million Little Things, This is Us. I'm watching Jack Ryan, Mary Kills People, Goliath (with Billy Bob Thornton). For lighter fare I like The Rookie, Magnum PI (the remake), Stumptown. There's a show set in Northern Ontario with Canadian Actors called Carter, starring Jerry O'Connell. The first season was really good, the second one is just ridiculously stupid.

I started watching the second season of Ozark, but I obviously wasn't in the mood, I couldn't get into it at all. The first season was phenomenal, so I'm sure I'll get into it at some point.

One of my exercise classes has bits of various songs pieced together. One of them was a piece of Pretty Woman. The girl next to me commented what a great movie that was. It was, so I have it marked down to watch as some feel-good fluff.

Hareball thanked Jasdip
  • Jamie
    4 years ago

We just finished "Truth Be Told" on AppleTV+ ... I thought it was "ok" but my better half liked it. I finally decided to finish "Vikings" but ended up restarting it from Season 1 so he could watch it without me explaining everything to him haha. We are also watching "The Great British Pottery Throwdown" via youtube - it's a great show and strangely addictive. We are watching the final season of "Schitt's Creek" and are both unhappy that it is ending.

Hareball thanked Jamie
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    4 years ago

Jasdip, I'm not sure were you got that bit about 800 Words :-) To my knowledge it is not on PBS. It is offered on Acorn TV, though. I started to watch it but it didn't keep my interest so I abandoned it. Maybe I will try again some time.

Hareball thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • joyfulguy
    4 years ago

Ladydi - was/is Schitts Creek filmed in B.C?

ole joyful

Hareball thanked joyfulguy
  • sheilajoyce_gw
    4 years ago

800 Words is offered on our PBS, but I missed it at the beginning and never watched it since I missed so much. Must check it out on Netflix or Prime. Last night we saw the first episode of Land Girls and enjoyed it. I like period pieces and recalled people mentioning they liked it from online discussions like this.

Hareball thanked sheilajoyce_gw
  • share_oh
    4 years ago

Nicole - we binge watched about 10 episodes of The Good Doctor last weekend. Didn't realize we'd gotten that far behind and we'd forgotten how much we like the show. : )

The Sinner is back for season 3. We watched 2 and 1 (yes backwards unintentionally) on Netflix I think but it runs first on USA (again, I think that's the channel). We like it enough to watch weekly but I do prefer watching series on Netflix.

We finished Dark Matters on Netflix, which we really liked but disappointed to watch the last episode and realize there was no final one - must've gotten cancelled when it originally aired on SyFy.

Hareball thanked share_oh
  • Uptown Gal
    4 years ago

800 Words was on our PBS a couple of seasons ago...loved it. But, now they

are rerunning it over and over and over. My new favorite is "Frankie Drake,

Detective". About a private detective that takes place in Toronto in the 20's.

Also "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries"....that takes place in the 20's too, but

in Melbourne. I think this is also reruns, but I hadn't seen it previously.

Hareball thanked Uptown Gal
  • caflowerluver
    4 years ago

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist NBC, I like the way everyone bursts into song to express their feelings. DH just rolls his eyes.

Better Call Saul AMC, not as good as previous seasons IMO, but will watch it to the end.

Dispatches From Elsewhere AMC, really quirky and difficult to figure out what is going on at first. Grows on you.

The Witcher NETFLIX, DS wanted to watch this and we watch a lot of Fantasy and SF together. I only enjoyed it for the hunky Henry Cavill, especially the bath tub scenes.

The Magicians SYFY, if you liked Harry Potter, this is a more adult version. One of the better series of this type.

Also watch a lot of the CW shows even though they bore me to tears because DS likes them. And several main stream shows,The Good Doctor ABC,The Resident FOX, Prodigal Son FOX, Stumptown ABC, New Amesterdam NBC. Nothing to write home about.

Dracula NETFLIX, a new 3 part series based on the book. A remake by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss which turned into a botched mess IMO. Really terrible, especially the 3rd part. Ruined the book for any one who hasn't read it.

Looking forward to these shows returning, Supernatural CW and Ozark NETFLIX.

Haven't watched but on my list; Hunters Amazon, I Am Not Okay With This NETFLIX, and The Sinner USA.

Hareball thanked caflowerluver
  • OutsidePlaying
    4 years ago

I like This is Us, Grey’s Anatomy (although I think it’s getting a little soap opera-ish), Stumptown, and Bull. Occasionally I have tuned into Chicago Med and it’s ok. I am a fan of Jack Ryan but am behind with catching up with the latest season. Same with Mrs Maisel. I also watch American Pickers sometimes when I run across it.

Hareball thanked OutsidePlaying
  • Jasdip
    4 years ago

GardenGal, sorry, I knew it was a "gal" and UPTOWN Gal confirmed it. She's the one who said it's running on her PBS.

Hareball thanked Jasdip