SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_22912411798

New House Backyard Landscaping

T J
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi All, I have recently moved into a newly built home and am looking for ideas for a basic backyard landscape. My rough plan so far is to do gravel or mulch borders around the outsides (with small bushes and screening plants, and a corner dedicated to some more prominent plants and bushes (most likely natives).The section I have labelled "concrete" will be an extension of our current driveway, but we might just gravel that area (will be additional parking area) if there are significant cost savings.The inside perimeter will most likely be cool season turf (blueblend premium from Strathayr as I'm in Southern Tassie, Australia). With paver or timber edging (hopefully something that is easy to mow to the edge of).The yard is quite large and of hard clay soil, it also gently slopes away from the house to the back fence. My plan for the turf prep is to rotary hoe in gypsum after killing the current grass/weeds and add 100mm of good lawn soil.Main goals are something with basic maintenance that still looks good and is small dog friendly. I will be doing as much of the work as I can myself. No doubt there are ideas I have missed or improvements to the design to be made. Thanks in advance.
*Not sure if the photos are uploading on mobile, there are a couple of the yard in my profile.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting