SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
g_divine

Why is my plant dying?

Amanda M (5b)
4 years ago

So I finally managed to snag a variegated gollum and now its not looking so great. I dont know why. A little background on how I've been keeping it.

Its in a gritty mix of succy dirt and grit. I had a top dressing of crushed volcanic rock but removed it so I could better see the soil conditions.

Its on a shelf in a southern facing bay window with supplemental H.O. LED lights about 7 inches overhead. On sunny days it gets natural sun from about 730-330 but the LEDs are on from 730-6. The average temperature by the window is usually between 65-72F.

My watering schedule is usually about once a week but I've been using a long wooden stick to test on this one since its being such a pansy.

The leaves on it are softer than I would expect, certainly not firm like my standard gollum but not squishy soft. They are getting soft and just falling off. It started toward the bottom of the plant. It has developed some pink on it since I got it. I did suspect that it might have gotten too cold in the shipment to me but how long would it take for me to know if that were certainly the case? I have had this plant for 2 weeks. It cost me more than I would have liked and I will be very sad if it dies! Any help would be appreciated! I don't usually have this kind of issue and I'm just stumped on what to do.

Comments (2)