Amazon tracking our reading?
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Did you know our posts are being tracked?
Comments (3)I've not seen a collective site like this before. I would from time to time google a daylily name and a post from GW would pop up in the search and then I could click on it and read about it but nothing like this. Your right about the internet. Be careful what you write and what personal ( where you live, work etc) information is being posted....See MoreUpdate on what our book clubs are reading
Comments (18)Kathy- I just got The Storied Life of A.J. Fikrey and so far, I love it! Thanks for the recommendation : ) I finished the book....and I really enjoyed the first half. I think if it had ended there, I would have recommended it to many of my friends. The second half seemed like too many gaps in time and not enough detail. Almost like a different book. Maybe that was intentional or just to keep it short, but I didn't care for it. The ending was not my favorite (don't really like that type) but before any of that was even suspected, it started feeling a bit different around the topiary park. That was when it seemed unrealistic to me. I mean, do people all really act like that? One and done...then long term relationships? And Maya was so cute as a little girl. I felt like I missed a lot of her growing up. Also, I really liked the chief, but thought the closet find (and his reaction) was too contrived. Maybe someone else, but not him. This really helped though, so thank you for the recommendation! It made me realize what I like and didn't like about the pacing and this will help me layout my own story. Oh, and it was funny that I signed up for a free month of Unlimited Kindle to read the book, after starting the free peek on Amazon. Then, I got to his rant about e-readers! LOL...See MoreKeeping track of books read?
Comments (13)Oh good grief! At my age...LOL...I think it would be virtually impossible to create a list of every book I've ever read. Actually...it would take up too much of my reading time to even contemplate such a task. I feel fortunate that I've managed to create a reminder system for just the last few years. Like you, dees...I began reading at a very early age thanks to a home library and dedicated "literary types" in house. I, too, started with some of the more challenging tomes. If I remember correctly...Anna Karinina was one of my firsts. My jouth was a challenging world. It would have been impossible without books. Today...there's not a room in my home...including the bathrooms...without books. I can't even guess at the total number...but I have to weed through them and gift them to the local library every once in a while or I'd never have shelf space for newer editions. It's a daunting task as it's too much like parting with old friends. But...alas...a necessity. My home today is a town house. When the floors creak...I get pangs of guilt. Then I start packing up the next collection for the library. LOL...See MoreHeirloom and Amazon - maybe you should read this folks.
Comments (31)Just a follow-up here re Heirloom Roses. I ordered two from their website, then two more from their website, then changed my mind twice and changed my orders! I got the first two - in one gallon pots (far from the bands I got from the former Heirloom folks). I re-potted both of them into 5 gallon cans for later fall planting. I was very impressed with the roots fully holding the soil, but not pot-bound. Stems looked healthy. they are already growing and leafing out, even though I got them in the midst of a record heat wave for us. I had also found an Heirloom rose I wanted on Amazon, so ordered it there because I coudn't be bothered to go get my purse and enter my credit card info for the Heirloom site. I got the Amazon rose right away. My other two from Heirloom that I ordered a couple of months ago come tomorrow or the next day. The Amazon rose also looked great, and when I re-potted it to larger can the roots seemed perfect. I talked with someone at Heirloom who explained that Amazon requires immediate shipping - so that's why you get them right away. AND, I learned that with Amazon you get a 30 day guarantee, but direct from Heirloom you get a one year guarantee (or warranty?). Via the Heirloom website you can be part of the buds and blooms, but not via Amazon. So...if you want rewards and a one-year guarantee - shop the website. If you need to "hide" your rose purchases, shop Amazon. So far, I couldn't be happier with my Heirloom purchases. As I say above, ask me after a year if I still feel that way! :-)...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN APPLIANCESConsidering a New Kitchen Gadget? Read This First
Save money, time and space by learning to separate the helpers from the hassles
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: Where (and What) Are You Reading This Summer?
Whether you favor contemporary, classic or beach reads, do the long and lazy days of summer bring out the lit lover in you?
Full Story
SHELTERING AT HOMEHow to Keep Your Home Project on Track
Take care of the prep work now so you can move quickly on your remodel when restrictions ease
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESMy Houzz: A Shared Boys’ Bedroom That’s Right on Track
This room has fun and functional souped-up style for two car-obsessed brothers in San Francisco
Full Story
EVENTSDon't Throw Away Another Household Item Before Reading This
Repair Cafe events around the world enlist savvy volunteers to fix broken lamps, bicycles, electronics, small appliances, clothing and more
Full Story
HOME INNOVATIONSConsidering Renting to Vacationers? Read This First
More people are redesigning their homes for the short-term-rental boom. Here are 3 examples — and what to consider before joining in
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSKeep Track of Your Vegetable Garden With Plant Markers
Bring order to your edible beds with these labeling ideas
Full Story
HOUZZ PRODUCT NEWSHow to Track and Capture Every Project Dollar With Houzz Pro
Protect your business and cover your bases at every stage of your design project
Full Story0

FEEL-GOOD HOME9 Dream Summer Reading Spots and the Books That Go With Them
Get inspired by these inspiring outdoor spaces to create your own reading spot — and a new reading list
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: 11 Book Lovers and Where They Like to Read
Bibliophiles across the globe reveal their top books and favorite reading spots, from a 2-story library to an artfully curated book nook
Full Story
vee_new