SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

Texas Almond Banana Loaf

User
4 years ago

Found this recipe in an old Fort Worth cookbook. I was fascinated by the "icing" and I made a loaf. It is a keeper but will not replace my regular banana bread. The almond does add a nice flavor!

TEXAS ALMOND BANANA LOAF

½ c. butter

1 egg, beaten

1 t. Soda

1 t. Banana flavoring

½ c. pecans, chopped

1 c. sugar

3 bananas, very soft

1 ½ c. flour

1 t. Almond flavoring

Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl. In another bowl, sprinkle soda over bananas. Mash until soft and well mixed. Sift flour and mix alternately with bananas and egg. Add banana and almond flavorings. Add pecans and pour into a greased, floured loaf pan (and I always line the bottom of mine with parchment). Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 1 hour. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool. Loaf should be toasty brown.

Icing:

Make a thin paste of powdered sugar and about 3 or 4 drops of almond extract. When loaf is done but still in the pan on a rack, poke several holes with a round toothpick. Pour glaze into holes and all over the top of the loaf until all the glaze is used. Let cool about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and put loaf back on rack to cool. (I used about ½ cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon almond extract.)

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County