SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaykaym

Range Hood placement is wrong

Jaykaym
4 years ago

This falls under the category of "never leave your husband and the electrician alone together." For our kitchen remodel we have our 30" range in a small island that is approximately 80 inches long and 40 inches wide. The range is centered between two 24 inch cabinets. When the construction was being done and the electrical work being installed I was not there but my husband was. He and the electrician decided that the range hood should be centered over the ISLAND, not over the range and installed the electrical connection and brackets. There is a small (20") side wall to bring electrical down to the island that is centered on one side of the island and they have the hood lined up with that wall. Side to side that works fine but front to back this means that it starts about 7 inches from the front of the range and hangs over the back of the range by about 7 inches. I don't have any actual venting so the things that need to be moved are the electrical connection and the hanging brackets (and repairs to the ceiling.) To be honest since there were no cabinets installed I didn't notice it at the time. It was just a couple of brackets and a dangling electrical wire. My husband thinks it will look just fine, actually he LOVES symmetry so it thinks having the hood centered on the island is perfect and wants it in line with the side wall I think it should be over the range even if it is then off center of the side wall. How hard should I push to get this fixed?

Comments (11)