SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

DH just came home with

caflowerluver
4 years ago

an almost 7lb double chocolate cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. That's 9 oz per slice, over half a pound, and 900 calories. He was shopping at Grocery Outlet and it was only $19.99. Such a deal! We are going to be eating cheesecake for a long time. I am going to insist that we cut the slices in half so only 450 calories. I have a feeling we are going to be sick of cheesecake when we finish it. There is only 3 of us!

Comments (31)

• foodonastump
    4 years ago

Oh my, when I eat at the saltcake factory I try to stay clear of the cakes. But if a whole cake were in front of my face for 20 bucks I’d have a hard time leaving it behind. Glad it’s your “problem” now and not mine!

caflowerluver thanked foodonastump
  • Elizabeth
    4 years ago

It freezes well.

caflowerluver thanked Elizabeth
  • Related Discussions

Have: some things, Need help , please check us out

Q

Comments (1)
    I have some plants I can send you for postage if you want them. I'm unable to edit my page to allow my email to show but email me at jeanettepen@yahoo.com if you're interested and I'll tell you what I have. Proverty is a terrible thing. God bless you for what you're trying to do.
    ...See More

weather

Q

Comments (6)
    Here on Long Island NY it's the mildest winter I can remember, and I've lived here over 30 years. We've had only 5 inches of snow all season, average daily temp is running six degrees above normal. Experts predict a bad gardening season, poor fruit harvests, and lots of bugs that survived our mild winter.But it is very windy here-we had wind gusts over 50 MPH last night.
    ...See More

And they're doing it again!

Q

Comments (16)
    Companies are so sneaky. I tend to get mad at the post office when they raise their rates so often & their service goes waaay down. I just got back from going there at lunch to mail some Certified letters for the company I work for. Turns out that because some of the letters were in a 9x12 envelope, they charge more than just a business envelope. I couldn't have squashed all this stuff in a business envelope because it would never fit so I had to bring them back to the office for additional postage. Turns out they now charge, depending on weight & size, over $6.00 to send a Certified letter in a 9x12 envelope. If gas weren't so high, I could drive them over & deliver them in person. Just my daily vent.
    ...See More

Help! Came home from store JUST NOW & driveway has been demolished!

Q

Comments (36)
    Ha! I hope this doesn't happen to you either! We're getting prices for pavers now. If we can't afford the whole thing in pavers, we'll do concrete with some kind of nice looking border (stamped or pavers). I have a landscape designer doing the planning so that I don't mess it all up and it ends up looking haphazard. Gotta move some trees, beds, build a new front walk. It's all connected. This mistake has messed up the timing, but maybe it'll end up a good thing; forced me to start the project.
    ...See More
  • blfenton
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

And is that 31 grams of saturated fat equaling 150% of daily requirement? Oh my.

But there are 12 grams of protein.

Have fun! Can it be frozen? (X-posted and question answered)

caflowerluver thanked blfenton
  • jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)
    4 years ago

It freezes well.

That's because most of those 900 calories are fat!

caflowerluver thanked jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)
  • eld6161
    4 years ago

Yummy. Besides freezing some, any friends or neighbors who might want a slice?

caflowerluver thanked eld6161
  • User
    4 years ago

I usually find that a slice of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake lasts at least three meals. A couple of bites go a long way. Enjoy!

caflowerluver thanked User
  • nickel_kg
    4 years ago

Oh wow, that is a bargain! Looks like there are 12 slices. I'd keep out 3 slices (one per person) and freeze the rest. Defrost 3 slices once a month. Each person gets to eat their slice-of-the-month as quickly or slowly as they choose. Keeping in mind that "if you snooze, you loose" and with a chocoholic in the house, you'd better not let your slice linger...!

caflowerluver thanked nickel_kg
  • Elmer J Fudd
    4 years ago

The label says one portion is 155% of a single day's recommendation for fat intake. I get it, it's cheesecake and not dill pickles but that's not reasonable.

We stopped going to Cheesecake Factory restaurants ages ago because their menu items at the time seemed to be calorie bombs, enough in one meal for a few days of eating. Just like this dessert. I don't know if that's changed any but we avoid them. Also, the menus were so extensive that it was hard to imagine much of it was fresh and not frozen.

Cut it into a lot of small pieces and host a neighborhood dessert party.

caflowerluver thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • eld6161
    4 years ago

I used to go to a Cheesecake Factory when I worked in an office for four other women. We went for holidays and birthdays.

i have had many of their flavors, we used to get four slices for the five of us to share.

Some are not as dense. Favorites were pumpkin when in season and the banana cream.

The menu does include calorie conscious selections and we would always go with those.

Elmer, no need to choose high caloric entree.

Another idea is to just go for dessert. For DH and I that would eliminate dinner that night,

caflowerluver thanked eld6161
  • bpath
    4 years ago

I've never eaten there, but DS wanted a cheesecake for his bday so I picked up a 6"er. Lasted 3 of us 5 days. Small slices.

caflowerluver thanked bpath
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I'd also freeze some, I think. I'll bet it's good frozen too.

Haha @ 'saltcake factory'. We don't have one here, but when I ate at one years ago when visiting my cousins, I was overwhelmed by the saltiness of the food - and those giant martinis!

And when my cousin bought a bunch of cheesecakes to take home, it reminded me of a scene from the movie 'Defending Your Life'

P.S. I realized I had the wrong clip - this is the one I was thinking of. & the only one I could find has Polish subtitles:

9 pies!

caflowerluver thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • foodonastump
    4 years ago

Here’s why I call it saltcake factory. Cajun Jambalaya Pasta is a meal I really like there, but yikes in several ways.

• Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
    4 years ago

YumYumYum!!!! Sometimes you just have to spoil yourself. I definately wouldn't have been able to pass that up at that price. Lucky DH.

caflowerluver thanked Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    4 years ago

Anyone else read Eat This Not That from Men's Health? They rank popular restaurant meals on their nutrition and healthiness. They have a number of books too.

https://www.eatthis.com/popular-restaurant-orders-best-worst/

caflowerluver thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

I too would go with the freeze all but 3 slices routine. That way when you pull 3 slices out in a month or so it still is a treat, not an "Oh no not more of this!" And, overindulging in that fat content once in a while is not going to clog your arteries into an attack but a constant barrage is a different matter.

caflowerluver thanked ediej1209 AL Zn 7
  • nhbaskets
    4 years ago

I just started using Noom this week for weight loss. This is certainly not on my radar.

caflowerluver thanked nhbaskets
  • annie1992
    4 years ago

I think I'd have a slice now and freeze the rest, maybe for Easter dinner or some family holiday, that's a real deal at that price.

We've never had a Cheesecake Factory here in Michigan, the first one just opened in October in Grand Rapids. So, I've eaten at Cheesecake Factory twice, once in Chicago and once in California. I had a salad in California with pomegranate dressing, and that's when I learned that I'm sensitive to pomegranate, it makes my mouth intensely sore. I had a tuna sandwich in Chicago, made with a nice piece of tuna steak. I don't think they have that anymore, which is too bad, it actually was very nice.

I seldom eat in restaurants, and can't remember the last time I did, because it's expensive and unhealthy and I always think "I can do better myself", but for an occasional treat it would be OK. And there are always lower calorie options if you are really concerned about the fat/salt/calorie content.

Annie

caflowerluver thanked annie1992
  • amylou321
    4 years ago

I don't like cheesecake at all so I would be safe from temptation. But every once in a while, usually when I am on a diet, SO will bring home half a dozen chocolate filled krispy kreme doughnuts. All for me. That's my weakness.

caflowerluver thanked amylou321
  • wildchild2x2
    4 years ago

Really good cheesecake doesn't have to come in 34 flavors. Cheesecake Factory is on my over-hyped list. When friends dragged me there in the past I would buy the basic burger (Factory Burger maybe?) It was a good steak burger in the classic sense. That was over ten years ago. I don't know anyone who likes the place now. Maybe tourists.

caflowerluver thanked wildchild2x2
  • Sooz
    4 years ago

Freeze some of it? Ha ha! Dammit, it's even good frozen!!!

So glad I didn't see this on sale near me...I would not have been able to resist the price AND the cheesecake! LOLAM

caflowerluver thanked Sooz
  • sprtphntc7a
    4 years ago

OP: enjoy and freeze it. like the idea of a small dessert party, slice in bite size pieces and serve on a toothpick :) or give some to friends/family/neighbors.

i agree with others, we went when they first came to our area. menu too big, so doubt its made there, let alone fresh. i am sure most of it is flash frozen and then heated. even if its not, nothing to write home about.

their cheesecake is ok. my fav way back when was the pumpkin.

SO many better places in my area, would never go back for lunch/dinner but maybe cheesecake if i had a strong yearning for it or put in front of me. though not my part of diet lifestyle at all.

caflowerluver thanked sprtphntc7a
  • OutsidePlaying
    4 years ago

I don’t understand all the hype either. Yes, I have tried eating there a couple of times and always go for the healthy option. Don’t recall eating one of their cheesecakes. We don’t have one in our city but it seems everybody is begging for one. I just don’t get it. Give me a good locally-owned restaurant with a good chef and staff any day.

caflowerluver thanked OutsidePlaying
  • caflowerluver
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Just ate half a slice last night and it was killer. Three different layers of chocolate. We will follow the advice from posters and keep a couple of slices in the refrigerator and put the rest in the freezer to have at a later date. He was trying to be nice and bought it for me because he knows I love cheesecake. I wish he hadn't, because I really don't need the calories.

• blfenton
    4 years ago

I do like that he was trying to be nice, That's a good man.

Our local grocery store like so many now, has a dessert deli where you can buy just a couple of pieces of cake and my DH did that last week for me. It was really good but my willpower and my hips are glad that there were only two pieces.

caflowerluver thanked blfenton
  • jane__ny
    4 years ago

I don't like cheesecake but do love Cheesecakes vanilla cheesecake. So when we go there, I take one slice to go. I cut that one slice into 3 slices and enjoy those three slices each night.

We are retired and enjoy going to Cheesecake for their happy-hour. Besides low prices on wine and draft beer, they have a happy-hour menu that offers their regular menu half price. You can't beat their happy-hour! We love it. Its dinner for us.

Just cut one slice into three. Believe me, their cheesecake is so rich you will be satisfied with 1/3 of a slice.

Enjoy!

Jane

caflowerluver thanked jane__ny
  • salonva
    4 years ago

I love cheesecake, and have had some of Cheesecake Factory flavors. One time at work, we went for lunch and each ordered a different flavor. We then passed it around so it was a very nice assortment.

However, I too am a purist and prefer PLAIN cheesecake. That does not mean that I can resist any though. Glad my husband hasn't brought one home because it would not make it more than maybe 3 days.

caflowerluver thanked salonva
  • sheilajoyce_gw
    4 years ago

My sister and I meet for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory every week, and once a month or every other month, our sister-in-law drives down to join us. We love their salads. We share a slice of cheesecake every now and then too. Their menu is huge, their servings are huge, and the menu is heavy with chicken entrees. We like only a few of their entrees, and miss the catfish they discontinued.

caflowerluver thanked sheilajoyce_gw
  • foodonastump
    4 years ago

Coincidentally I ended up there yesterday for brunch. Had their jambalaya hash with eggs. It was good despite the salt overload, a shame because it would have been really good save for that. While I tend to go light on salt I understand that others’ tastes are different and they need to cater to the masses. But what they add is insane and makes no sense to me. Anyone who needs their food THAT salty can add their own at the table. Spare the rest of us!

• kadefol
    4 years ago

It looks wonderful and I'd have a really hard time resisting, but good idea to cut each slice in half. I kind of blanched at the sugar content, 68 grams per slice which, since a teaspoon is approx. 5 grams, is about 13.5 teaspoons per slice, ouch.

caflowerluver thanked kadefol
  • jill302
    4 years ago

These do freeze very well. I bought a Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake at Grocery Outlet in October. Froze it for Thanksgiving, it was wonderful. We had a big group so it worked perfectly for us.

caflowerluver thanked jill302
Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH