SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Let the Swedish death cleaning begin . . .

l pinkmountain
4 years ago

. . . and a whole lot of other stuff . . .

As some of you may be aware, I've been feeling overwhelmed and dissatisfied being torn between responsibilities at work and at home. Seems no matter what, I felt mired on both ends and not making enough progress, in fact slipping backwards. Not getting any younger and no "next generation" to leave tasks or things to. It became apparent to me I need and want to finish out my career strong with a full time job. So . . . I quit my part time job, am taking what I hope is no more than a three to six month sabbatical, to clear out all the clutter and fix and organize our home. Also during that time, hoping to position myself better to compete for a full time job. A move is perhaps in the future, but it will depend on the job. Risky strategy as I will be turning 60 this year. I just decided that until I got my home sorted, with many heirlooms and things from my late mother that I still haven't completely gone though and dispensed with, nothing else was going to flow so I am focusing on that. I loved my job most of the time, so I hope I don't regret this . . . so far, making some changes slowly but surely to the house feels good. Also trying to get back in better shape so I can have more energy. But really, really anxious as the word gets out that I resigned from my job, fresh anxiety each time I have to explain it to someone. Hope y'all don't mind being cheerleaders. You did such a good job as wedding planners! ;)

Comments (22)