SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

What would you buy with an unexpected $50?

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I know, I know ... $50 -- "bfd", in the words of one of our own forum members (;-)), but I've suddenly found myself in possesesion of an unexpected fifty bucks and I feel like a giddy child with a sudden paltry windfall. As my mother used to say when I was small, "Ida, you're letting that money burn a hole in your pocket!" I really "need" nothing in particular at the moment, and I haven't been lusting after anything special either, so the more sensible part of me says to just save it and use it later ... but by golly, I just really want to buy myself a little treat. I'm leaning towards something for my kitchen. I could put the $50 towards a new piece of Le Creuset. I've also found myself perusing electric tea kettles -- something cute and colorful that I wouldn't mind leaving out on my countertop instead of the rather boring stainless one I currently have. Could also put the money on new dishes; not that I'm in need of any, but it's just a delight to unpack a brand new set -- even if they don't cost very much.

So ... let's imagine that we all just found $50 in the lining of our pockets and want to buy something fun. What would it be for you?

Comments (56)