SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll Show You Mine/You Show Me Yours - Th 12/12

Annie Deighnaugh
4 years ago

Thought I'd post the first pic I have in my photos file on my computer. This one is of our old cat, Casimir, from 2011.

What's yours?

Comments (41)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    4 years ago

• Elizabeth
    4 years ago

This is the oldest photo on this computer. Winter 2009.

( That is a slice of the moon in that cloud)

• maire_cate
    4 years ago

July 2006 - DS's car all packed up for his move to Chicago after college graduation. That's my old coffee table (which I always hated) strapped on top and a TV in the front passenger seat.

In the bottom photo he pulled over when he noticed he still had one last bag sitting by the driveway and somehow he managed to cram it in. He had about 800 miles of driving ahead of him.

• arcy_gw
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Well I have files of pictures. They naturally file themselves alphabetically.

This is from when my parents were downsizing and mom sent out pictures of things that were up for grabs--anyone interested, she put their name in a hat and drew. It is from 2016--not that long ago, but it's the first in my picture files.

• Michele
    4 years ago

From 2004.

• lgmd_gaz
    4 years ago

The oldest photo that is not a copy from ancient times, is this one from 2005. 'Chester the molester' as DH calls this tree. I guess because the branches were hard to avoid when mowing in the first few years. Chester is much taller now.

• OklaMoni
    4 years ago

Yes, to those that remember, this is/was Dottie. The picture is in my file "other picture files" under 2003. We (several Kitchen Table Forum members) met in Tulsa at a restaurant.

• nhbaskets
    4 years ago

At work, so oldest I have on my phone is 2008. My DH in a biplane.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks, Elizabeth...some mornings it can be a struggle...but I'm always so fascinated and delighted with where everyone goes after my one little picture. You guys are phenomenal!

• OutsidePlaying
    4 years ago

I don’t keep a lot of old photos on file. This is DH in 2014 getting ready to sing in a quartet at a Christmas choral performance. They all decided to wear Christmas bow ties.

• happy2b…gw
    4 years ago

First I want to comment that we have handsome going on here today.

2003 on Cobb Island, MD. Not the best photos but these are the first two. Can anyone identify the species of heron? Ashamed to admit that I cannot.

• nicole___
    4 years ago

I made these seat covers in 1995.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Well done Nicole!! That's a lot of work!

• nicole___
    4 years ago

happy2B....It's a Blue Heron.

Annie....It's DH's work truck. :0) I could only work on it when he was home...."and" I was home. lol It took me two weeks to get a finished product! Whew! (Just wanted to say YOUR cat is GORGEOUS!)

• happy2b…gw
    4 years ago

nicole, are both birds blue herons?

• nicole___
    4 years ago

happy2b....yes. The blurry one is in a "maybe I'll groom " posture. When they molt, they loose the fluffy chest feathers.

• susanwv
    4 years ago

This is the first pic that I have on this IPad, kind of seasonal,haha 2011

• Lars
    4 years ago

Big Sur

Nicole, I made some similar seat covers for a friend of mine around 1992. I used a tapestry fabric for the inserts that had a jungle theme with toucans, elephants, banana trees, etc. I did reuse the existing vinyl and just replaced the fabric parts.

• marilyn_c
    4 years ago

This is the oldest pic I have on my phone, saved from photobucket. This is Shirley, the first possum I raised when I became a rehabber, although I raised one prior to that.

And this is her after I released her, the first time she came back to see me. (Well, really, to see what I might have for her to eat. You know how kids are!)

• nicole___
    4 years ago

Lars....a jungle theme would have been very COOL!

My Brother Project Runway sewing machine is acting up. I hope it will sew through upholstery for my next project. Do you have a good sewing machine recommendation?

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

The first photo on my computer is one of a meditation/serenity garden at the Changi Airport in Singapore. In the garden, there are many quiet spaces, benches and lounge chairs for people to use for relaxing and resting while waiting for a flight. It's a beautiful, peaceful spot in what is a busy, bustling airport. The photo was taken in January, 2015.

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Cool idea, Annie. I love the randomness of everyone's photos.

Yep, definitely some handsome men, cute animals, cool projects and all around good stuff in this thread!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked DawnInCal
  • Sisters in faith
    4 years ago

From a visit to Cabela's , 2004

• OutsidePlaying
    4 years ago

Yes, happy2b, a Great Blue Heron. They are plentiful around waters here and I have even had a visitor or two to my small pond unfortunately. They do love to fish.

Love the photo variety and how far back some of these go. Lars, beautiful shot of the coast.

• glenda_al
    4 years ago

So enjoyed weekly reading to grandson's third grade class. That's him front right hand corner.

• Fun2BHere
    4 years ago

On this iPad, the earliest is from December, 2010...the fireplace decorated for Christmas.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    4 years ago

Yes, this is a fun "subject". Mine is a picture from July, 2005, of the boat, The Discovery. It is a wooden yacht that formerly belonged to the William Morris Agency. It was bought and turned into a "cruise" ship for excursions in Alaska. My friend and I did a one week cruise that was a Juneau to Juneau round trip. Seven guests and four crew, so very close quarters and tons of fun. It was small enough to go far down the "arms" and get much closer than any of the big cruise ships. It was a terrific choice for a cruise since I don't think I would enjoy a cruise with hundreds of people. This was just my speed. :)

• bob_cville
    4 years ago

The oldest folder in Picasa on this computer is from a family reunion of my wife's family at a "Dude Ranch" in New York State.

The first one is a picture of her parents.

followed by a bunch of posed group shots. This is her parents with their children, spouses of their children and their grandchildren.

These are even older pictures I took. I started scanning negatives or photos from old albums, but didn't get very far.

maybe circa 1977?

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

What a nice looking family, Bob. Love the matching outfits!

• Lars
    4 years ago

Nicole, I have a Husqvarna Viking 230 that I've had since 1991 (I think), and I like it very much, but I don't know whether it is still being made. Anyway, I highly recommend Husqvarna Viking, but as with any machine, I would not buy any that are computerized, as the computer parts become obsolete quickly and are extremely expensive to repair. Mine is completely manual, which makes it easy to use, and I have never needed to repair it. I chose the 230 model because it has all of the stitches that I wanted for sewing knit fabrics and no extra stitches that I knew I would never use. When I bought it, it was $750, but that is a lot less expensive than Bernina, which was my other choice. If you can find a used Bernina that is completely manual (i.e., not computerized), that would be my first recommendation, but a used Husqvarna Viking would also be good, if you do not want to pay the price of a new one.

The last machine I bought is a Brother four-thread overlock machine, and that is the only Brother machine I would buy.

Here's a photo of me wearing a shirt and hat that I made, using the Viking machine. It will sew through zebra hide with no problems. This photo is from 2004, and the one from Big Sur is from 2002.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I too have an old viking...it was my Mom's, and a newer one...real work horses.

• roy4me
    4 years ago

• Lori Wagerman_Walker
    4 years ago

Oldest one on my thumb drive at work.

Light I found online, 2004ish. Knew then I wanted something similar in our entryway.

This is the one in our entry. :)

• nicole___
    4 years ago

Thanks Lars & Annie!

I have a Bernina that does embroidery "and" a Brother. Both are electronic. My mother had an OLD Viking. I have fond memories of how well it worked. My neighbor just purchased a NEW Bernina......drum roll please.....$5500.00!

• Jasdip
    4 years ago

I'm so happy that my anthurium is forming a flower again. It's been quite a while. The leaves are growing like crazy.

Also, I bought a Christmas cactus the other day and more flowers are blooming now.

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    4 years ago

One of the first houses i did, long ago. wow how "what's in" style has changed.

• Jasdip
    4 years ago

Yet there's a flat screen tv in it.

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    4 years ago

Yes there is, I don't think they make those kind any more. Fun to look at the changes, very cool pictures everyone.

• blubird
    4 years ago

Nicole, $5000 for a sewing/embroidery machine is nothing these days. Viking, pfaff and Babylock all have machines in the $15,000 range...and no, they don’t come with steering wheels.

• nicole___
    4 years ago

blubird...she said it was on sale from $11, 500.00! I don't get it....? The Brother was $137 and it's at least 5 years old. It's always been flaky. I'll push through another project with it unless I can find an old one like Lars or Annie suggested.

PRM......it's still BEAUTIFUL!!!!!