SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Alright, alright... I acquiesced to the cat!

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I've been one of those "rule breakers" who has enjoyed having decor atop the kitchen cabinets. That's been a pretty good place to display some of my Native American and African baskets, gourds, etc. Penny was the first to start spending time among the things above the cabinets, and while I didn't really want her up there, she never bothered anything.
Then came Tonto.
Oh, he is something else! He's like a naughty toddler who is constantly into everything, and when he discovered the joy of Over Cabinet World, I would routinely have to get up on the countertop (no easy feat), and right things he'd knocked around or otherwise forced askew. Over the past couple of evenings, he's pushed paintings up there sideways and just made a mess of it all. So I gave up, and it all came down. Well, with the exception of a large Bolga basket that I really have nowhere else to put. It looks so bare to me now! But I am so over having to fix Tonto's "redecorating" attempts, so I guess I am (for the most part) one with bare cabinet tops now.
Cats are such brats. Good thing they're cute.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County