SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_117172700

Help with living room redesign and paint color

HU-117172700
4 years ago

I'm doing a major redesign of my living room post-flood!

All furniture will go EXCEPT for the bright red entertainment center. I love this piece even though it makes everything more difficult. I'd like an eclectic updated look with more neutral colors and furniture that is a little lighter weight visually. I'm thinking about either an oatmeal or gray sofa and two chairs to replace the blue sofa...ideally chairs that are comfortable but not overstuffed, maybe wood armrests?

I've been looking at shades of gray for the walls to go more neutral but didn't love anything I saw. My living room is essentially a great room with the kitchen so the color needs to extend there too. Photo of kitchen attached for reference although I'm not redesigning that.

I was thinking of keeping my Persian rug, but the more I look at photos, I realize I have way too much color. I think I need maybe a cream, paler yellow? or pale taupe? (but I want the room to feel warm) on the walls. Probably the only color should be pillows, paintings, and the entertainment center?

Going to find a new coffee table too. Maybe round with glass? Not sure but am hoping to find a way to mix that red entertainment center with lighter furniture so it doesn't look too stuffed.

Totally on overwhelm and need to make decisions soon. I'd love help!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County