SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen_lee6795

Help! Does a double oven with French Doors get hot on the outside?

Karen Lee
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I have had my heart set on a double oven with cafe doors for a while and finally went yesterday to make it happen and the salesman says he wants to be sure I know that the door handles and surrounding area get hot to the touch and that you need a pot holder to open the doors and to be careful with little ones. I have read so many reviews on that oven and not one ever mentioned that. I came here searching posts and see a LOT of threads about certain brands of ovens running ho in general but nothing specific to the cafe doors. He says that the way the doors open they just can't get as good of a seal. He also told me that Viking etc have the same problem that it's the doors not the brand.

That really stopped me in my tracks as I thought I had researched this oven so well and never heard of this.

On one hand if I am going in the oven I likely already need a pot holder anyway but then I also wondered if the heat radiates out due to not as good of a seal and makes the exterior parts hot to the touch, how does that heat loss effect my cooking?

He also mentioned that if cooking for a long time and or a high temperature that it will make the room hot as well.

Does anyone know how accurate this is or have any insight on the topic?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comments (4)