SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Ideas for an experiences gift

lyfia
4 years ago

My daughter is hitting that age where toys are still a good gift, but tends to go towards more expensive items and she certainly doesn't play with toys as much as she used to and doesn't need more toys. So my thought for this year is to create an experiences box with an experience for each month of the year. Some can be more expensive than others, but I would like some ideas as so far I only have 1/3 of the year covered. I'm trying for things us parents can do with her too and trying to come up with less expensive ones too.

What I have thought of, but if other ideas are better I might replace

1. movie at a theater with recliners and food ordering (we live rural so this is a trip for us) - to include a friend.

2. Musical - think Lion King will be playing next year near us

3. Ski trip or a trip to NYC (she loves traveling). These would be more expensive. If we did NYC we'd see a show too so might not do #2 in that case, or Great Wolf Lodge and bring a friend (although personally not a fan of those kind of places)

4. Camping trip in a tent (would be her first time in a tent so may or may not work out. Most likely just one night to see how it goes, max 2 nights and at a park not too far from home.

I thought of museums, but we've been to most that interests us in the 3 large cities near us (Austin, Houston, and San Antonio).

I'm just drawing a blank. I can come up with plenty expensive adventures, but I think the ones that doesn't cost so much would be just as fun too.

Comments (32)