SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Gift Ideas for Cooking Enthusiast??

DLM2000-GW
12 years ago

My son (turning 27) loves to cook, brew beer, make bread...... will experiment with just about any food item, spice, ethnic condiment. He has cobbled together quite a kitchen starting with Goodwill and garage sales during college to a few first rate items like a Kitchenaid mixer in more recent years. He's employed by the National Park Service and will be leaving his current job in North Cascades and moving to Sequoia/Kings Canyon in a couple of weeks so this could not only be a birthday gift but a housewarming.

I'd love to put together some items (related or not) to ship to him, so nothing in the big or heavy category - no cast iron enamel pots! I saw this at Pioneer Woman and since he recently he started making pies I thought this rolling pin would be nice. There have been several kitchen items she's mentioned over the years that of course I meant to take note of but didn't and now can't search them out on her site.

I bought him a beautiful molcajete and tejolete last year which he uses frequently and he has all the 'normal' small kitchen gadgets and tools. One by one he buys quality knives and is not interested in a set - he wants specific qualities in each so I don't dare try and guess on that.

Any ideas?

Comments (13)