SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
persimmonbob

Something to think about.

Monyet
4 years ago

It started about 10 years ago, bought a leftovers Page mandarin tree from Lowe’s, near death, anyway it’s still with me. This tree has been faithfully producing fruit.

At that time, did not know squat about citrus, kept it in an unheated garage for the winter, temps never got below freezing. Garage is well insulated like the house. Tree lost it leaves, than came spring, flower buds appear, little leaves too. To end this story, it had the best amount of fruits again and again. Now they are growing in the shop with temps between 64 and 72*.

Whats the difference, uneven amounts of fruits.

early blooming is not good other than a nice smelling room. So what is the solution, if possible keep temps during winter months at 42 to around 38*. Somewhere in there, that would keep the tree from blooming. The bad thing if the tree carries too many fruits they stay smaller. You can do that if you have a greenhouse, in my case, no, no. My grow room stays warm all the time. So I have to deal with eractic blooming which is ok with me, less fruits but bigger.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations