SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aquacow

Trying to come up with ideas on what to do with our tiny master bath

Dewayne
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We have an 8x10' master bath. With an awkward hallway between it and the master closet.

Doesn't give us a lot of room to work with. But we have some ideas of what we'd like to do. Just looking for yay/nay/new ideas/new inspiration.

So the plan so far:

1. Remove the tub. We don't use em. There are two other full bathrooms in our house that have tubs.

2. Bring laundry suite into master bath area. Current laundry is in the basement, wanting to run electrical upstairs. Understand the cost. Already have it quoted with a contractor.

3. Wanting to stick with contemporary design.

4. Go full spa for a full sized shower with body sprays, ceiling mounted showerhead, etc.

Before layout:

Before Photos · More Info

Proposed after layout:

Block off the hallway and take down the bathroom wall essentially gaining 3.5' of useable space.

Shrink from 7' vanity down to a 6' vanity to fit new entry door.

Gap between entry door and master closet will be a small linen closet.

Increase the size of the shower from 3' to a 6' shower next to laundry suite with built in cabinets. (Still stuck on stacking the laundry and having more storage vs putting them side by side with a countertop on top for a folding area with a smaller storage area)

Possibly removing the master closet door and just having it all be one giant space between the bath and closet area.

This is literally all I can think of. I don't mind changing the layout. My current plan was to do minimal plumbing rearrangement. But if it's a good design, and works for the space, I'm pretty much up for anything.

Comments (7)