SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianela7analabama

Need help from all those great color/design people here please

dianela7analabama
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

ok so this is kind of jumping the gun since my project is a year away, but it is killing me. Those of you with great imagination, and design talent can probably think through it better than I can.

ok so this house will be all white washed, windows replaced with clear picture windows (no lines in the windows at all just clean clear glass). The metal railings will be painted oil rubbed bronze and the wood fake shutters possible cleaned and clear coated. I want a pergola extending off the house on front of house like the image posted at the bottom. The front of the house has no front door, just one to the side so there won’t be anyone walking under the pergola, thorns are not a concern.

My big problem is I can’t decide if I want pink, yellow or apricot roses on the pergola. Should I grow different colors in each post??? Maybe that’s just too weird and I probably should pick one color. My big debate is between spirit of freedom, pinks like James Galway or awakening (no traffic zone here) or a yellow like teasing Georgia or even peach like lady of Shalot.

What would look the best against a white brick house. I just can’t picture it, maybe it will be easier once it is white. I would appreciate any ideas you can offer.

sorry all this has been pressured washed but I didn't retake the picture. The soffit will be white also.

I want something like this along the entire front with climbing roses.

Comments (48)