SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeonassky

How do you cope with the things you don't like about where you live?

yeonassky
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

This came to mind because of the where do you live by two 25acres. To counter any complaints I have about the weather I wallow in it and embrace it all! I spend most of my time outdoors. Primarily that involves walking dogs and gardening. So you can expect me to wear galoshes and rain pants and heavy duty rain jackets daily during rainy the season. The gardening around here is almost four seasons. For that I am busy mostly during spring summer and fall. My DH is a whole other story! He has seasonal affective disorder which was actually diagnosed by a real doctor. :-(. How he copes is he takes medicine during the fall winter and spring. Plus he had to change his career as he could not no longer work inside. He was a good programmer and mathematician and had to give all that up and get outside daily. The medicine barely counters his symptoms but being out in daylight even cloudy daylight counters the symptoms he has from SAD. We tried living in other places but he would have to move to the equator full time for it to help. As an aside I am trying to get him to go back to school to do his maths as he loves it. He could do it part-time. He talks mathglish or whatever you call it. I spend a lot of time going cross-eyed and then telling him to back up and explain his formula :-) Anyway back to the subject at hand what do you do to cope with Winters springs summers or falls: whatever season, or seasons, that bothers you the most.Sorry about the mangled post it won't let me do proper paragraphs.

Comments (46)