SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_nickles51

Living Room Decor Ideas Needed

Sarah N
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi everyone!

Help! I purchased this furniture over a year ago and have been struggling to finish decorating my living room ever since. After purchasing the furniture I quickly learned that it was oversized for the room. There isn’t very much space between the furniture leaving no room for end tables and the there’s a large empty corner in the room that I’m unsure what to do with.

My husband has promised to make me tables for where the tray tables currently are. However I still have no idea what to do with the corner between the couches where an old end table is for now so we have a place to set stuff.

Additionally the red valances and lampshades were what we already had from years ago. I’d really like to find a different color to lighten things up. I recently purchased the throw pillows on the couch but I’m undecided as to what will coordinate nicely with them or if they even go with the room. I have learned that I probably should have change the wall color as I’m struggling to find things to match this green! However that isn’t an option at this time.

I like farmhouse decor. I’m typically not a fan of curtains since I own dogs who will just get them full of fur or pull them down. Also, the living room is a weird shape and there really isn’t any other way to put the furniture.

I appreciate all ideas and thank you in advance for your help.

Comments (35)