SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fb02

Window protrudes past exterior trim, what to do?

fb02
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm replacing a few windows and exterior trim that was rotted. I purchased these windows unaware of where the nailing flange was going to be and how far out the window would protrude. Not many photos available prior to purchase that gave enough detail to realize just how it would all come together. I've looked up so many videos and have spent way too much time browsing online. All new construction windows have the flange closer to the front and allows for the trim to come up nicely to the window. No protrusion. I can't find any way to work around this. Re-framing the windows to sit in further is not an option. They are made to order sizes so doubt I can return over something like this. I'm already in the middle of the project so not like I can order a new window elsewhere anyway. I don't like the look of the windows sticking out further and the trim I have prepped doesn't look right with how I intended to use it. I have no idea how to trim this and make it look nice. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments (34)