SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aleena_maher14

kitchen cabinet refacing -thermofoil doors?

Aleena Maher
4 years ago

I own a beautiful 1 bedroom Central Park West condo with views of the Park but a very small (8’7” x 4’11”) kitchen which is not so unusual for NYC. I am trying to rent out the apt and the kitchen is the stumbling block for most people who have seen it.
Since time is of the essence and my condo building requires a lot of approvals plus the time and expense associated with a gut kitchen renovation, I have explored the option of cabinet refacing. Home Depot quoted me a price of $18k which would include countertops and a back splash but I prefer not to go with them. There are many posts on how they are too expensive and take too long.

I was also quoted close to $10k by a local NYC company and this would include all labor, cabinet refacing with thermofoil shaker style doors, a quartz countertop and a backsplash.
I think this price is reasonable for NYC but am not happy about thermofoil doors. Has anyone had experience with them?

On one hand since I am renting out the apt and do not plan to move back anytime soon, I think the thermofoil doors look nice and could be fine for a rental. On the other hand to pay $5800 for 13 thermofoil doors and 3 drawer tops including labor sounds high.

I would appreciate your advice here.

Also if anyone has recommendations for a cabinet refacer in NYC please let me know.

Thank you!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert