SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

I am hobbled ... Do comfortable AND stylish pumps exist ...

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

and do those features exist in the same shoe?

I prefer to wear heeled pumps (or booties; I have a couple pair) to work, and recently ordered some online. That was probably my biggest mistake, as there's no way to try them first, but they arrived yesterday and one of them (the really cute leopard print pair) fits beautifully. The others, by Aldo (pictured here) are very stylish -- even, dare I say, "hot" -- but as soon as I put them I on I thought, nope. Nope. This won't end well. However, I wore them in the office this morning anyway, just because they look so darn good with my houndstooth-checked black-and-white pants, but by mid-morning I could do little more than hobble from place to place, slowly. I have ripped skin on both heels from the way they've rubbed. My toes felt like they were held in a vise (but OMG, I love the look of a pointed toe box). These are going back from whence they came, as I'm fully convinced they are designed to be Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Thank GOD I had a pair of flats in my car (although I had to hobble-lurch out to my parking area to retrieve them, which was a fabulous sight for all who saw me, I'm sure). I still need a new pair of black pumps though, and I prefer something with a heel of 3.5 to 3.75 inches. I love the style of heel on this evil shoe, and don't care as much for the stiletto look as I do for a blockier heel. I don't want short kitten heels. They don't have to have witchy pointed toes, although I generally don't like the look of a rounded toe on a dressy pump.

So. Does such a shoe exist? It MUST be comfortable, or at least not render me crippled. Any recommendations? I don't want to spend more than $100 if I can keep from it. And I realize that all feet are different, so what may be comfy to one person might not be to the next, but if there's a brand you find to be consistently pleasing to wear, please advise.

Evil. Evil, I tell you:

Miscellaneous Ideas · More Info

Comments (22)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH