SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak2008

Building a wardrobe fast, I'm clueless.

debrak2008
10 years ago

I know that there are very fashionable people on this forum so I'm hoping you will help me.

I am a jeans and T-shirt type of person. I even wear jeans and a sweater to church. I would never wear a skirt or dress to work. I have worked at casual places most of my life. My last job was super casual in the office and then I worked at home in my PJs. I hate clothes shopping with a passion. I am high waisted so have issues with pants. The low cut pants that seem to be everywhere do not fit me. I'm in my late 40's. help.....

Well, after being out of work for 6 months I finally am starting a job on Monday. Dress code is business casual but you do have the option of wearing jeans on certain days. I just looked in my closet and am panicking.

I would like to see a guide to a basic wardrobe. I need a list of what to buy. I saw a link on this forum not that long ago to a good site. I can't find it now but it was a designer I think who wrote about how most people in the fashion biz wear very basic clothes but then add color or accessories for flair. When I google I find "wardrobes" that are totally not me like lots of different purses, high heels, tight clothing, lots of accessories.

I also would like recommendations on stores to go to. I went to every store in a mall recently just to find a pair of black pants for an interview.

I need to go out shopping this weekend and hope to develop a plan so I can start adding new things a little at a time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments (59)