Ancestry.com

maifleur01

I visited Ancestry today after I received an email suggesting that a person was my potential grandmother which I thought was very odd. Anyone that uses that site for their records may want to check because everything for that set of grandparents are no longer there. Since part of those records go back to the 1400s while not that hard to redo will be more time than I wish to waste. I was only doing it for curiosity as I have no children little contact with the rest of the very extended family.

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lindsey_CA

What do you mean by "everything for that set of grandparents are no longer there"???

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

Exactly what I wrote. Both of my grandparents names, mother's parents, were no longer there and all links to them were gone.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

Have you given anyone else editing access to your online tree?

Save    
maddielee

Do you subscribe to ancestry? I found that once I stopped resubscribing (paying) some of the records were no longer available to me.

Save    
adellabedella_usa

There have been some glitches with Ancestry lately. I saw that other people had a similar problem. You might clean out your cookies and look again.

Save    
maifleur01

Thanks adallabedella good to know others have the similar problems.

No I have not given anyone editing powers and I have been subscribing for several years. I can reconstruct but this particular line was interesting and some of the information used was from someone that is now deceased. The part I was going to investigate was one of Washington's great grandmother's and I deleted the link to the information. It was through one of her other children and not a direct link to him. I discounted it because lots of information on important people are used to inflate peoples genealogy but it was to be one of those snow days things.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Projects What to Do With Old Family Photos
Find out how to research, share and preserve images that offer a connection to the past
Full Story
Organizing Help for Whittling Down the Photo Pile
Consider these 6 points your personal pare-down assistant, making organizing your photo collection easier
Full Story
Exteriors How to Research Your Home's History
Learn what your house looked like in a previous life to make updates that fit — or just for fun
Full Story