SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

From quirky to annoying.....another WWYD

eld6161
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I have a friend for the past 20 years. She lives around the corner. We socialize and also with our husbands. Our kids are friends too. We are also there for each other when we vacation, drive each other to the airport, do home watches etc.

"D" likes detail. But through the years I have noticed that her "wanting to know" has escalated.

Here's an example. We have a young man who is our contractor. He's the son of our carpenter.

DH watched him grow up and they are friends as well as work together on projects. He recently got married. His wife is a nurse.

I happened to mention that we were going to 'M''s" wedding. She knows "M" because he did a painting job for her. I don't remember why or I mentioned his wife is a nurse. Now the twenty questions. What kind of nurse? Where did she go to school? Where does she work? Etc.

I recently posted a photo on Instagram of an event I attended. I KNEW she would want details. Instead of commenting on the content of the photo she wrote, I didn't know you like to.......

The next day I happened to text her about something unrelated. But then it started. She asked about the event. Where was it? Why was I invited? What was my connection to this particular event? This is all harmless, but I personally don't feel she needs to know all this information.

There has been a time or two where I feel she has crossed the line and asked things that are personal.

My question is: how do I respectfully stop all these questions? With a text, I can just ignore after a point, but I can't do this in person. She is a kind person and really will do anything for me. But, I feel this behavior is getting in the way of me wanting to spend time with her.

Comments (47)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH