SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forever_now

Which counter stool do you like best with this unstained cherry?

Forever Now
4 years ago

Trying to decide on a stool for my new island. I’m pretty sure I want a saddle style stool in leather. Since it will primarily be my children sitting at the island, seats that can be wiped down are a must. Fabric would be filthy in no time. I also think I want a light grey seat that will compliment the countertop and I want the base to blend with the wood of the island which is an unstained cherry. Unfortunately that has been hard to find!

The island is not yet “dressed”, it’s just the boxes without the decorative side panels, legs and drawers yet. DH is building our cabinets and he wants to focus on getting all the back cabinets done before the weather gets cold and focus on finish work, but I do have this one panel in the cherry to use as a color guide. I did have a hard time down in his shop capturing its real color, the fluorescent lights are throwing it off, but it’s kind of a mid-tone warm brown. I found these stools and I think its my first choice right now, but its wood bases come in “espresso” which I’d call a dark cherry and “chestnut” I like the look of the espresso best, especially the silver nails, but maybe the chestnut would match a little better? What do you think? Here is a picture of them next to the panel. That is a picture of the same panel taken at different angles, neither really captures its true color, it’s neither that red or green, more of a general warm brown with both those colors in it and since its all unstained the colors will vary slightly between all the doors that will be on the back of the island.

Here is the island. As you can see the door to the backyard is right next to it so people have to pass behind the island to get out to the back, so I need stools that will tuck out of the way when not in use.

Also, do you find a 24” seat feels low? Our counter is a tad over 36”, 24” seems like my chest would be at counter height and the kids even lower, occasionally I’ve seen 26” stools but not many and not any in the color I’m looking for. Also, I’m going to get 3 of these and then I want to get a working stool for me, if you wanted to sit and work at a counter do you think a bar height stool would be better or just a regular counter height? I guess I don’t imagine using it a lot to actually work much, mainly if I wanted to lean and chat with my family while they ate at the island, if we were all eating we’d sit at the table.

Comments (11)