SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_920720955

help ! ideas for kitchen / living room updates

Rolo
4 years ago

Ok our new house has two living rooms instead of one big one and I am still trying to adjust. One is by the front door and I will post that one separately when I’m ready. The living room we are currently using you enter from the garage into it and it is open to the kitchen. The other door is to the back patio. It is open to the left to the dining room. Here are some pics things are still a mess so I haven’t included all angles.

We are about to paint the wall with the tv on it so please excuse all the white marks. I plan on getting a longer bit thinner tv stand and also hoping to get the return duct moved soon.

My thoughts are to paint the cabinets white , do a medium dark laminate over the ceramic tile, and granite countertops, new barstools ect. Looking to see the pros opinions on my ideas and maybe get new ideas.

Many houses have the living and bar back up like this but for some reason in this house sometimes I feel like my couch is in my kitchen. I think it is because the kitchen is actually bigger than the living room since there are two living rooms. Anyway , how can I make it feel cohesive but like separate as well. I’m looking for comfortable with just a touch of farmhouse stuff. I have not purchased anything new and planned on waiting until I have a fully developed plan for the updates before going a buying a bunch of stuff.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH