SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matthews954

Need feedback on Impact Resistant Windows

matthews954
4 years ago

Hi,

I'm in the process of getting quotes on installing impact resistant windows in my condo. There are 3 windows to be replaced and one french door. I've received quotes from 3 installers for three different products all manufactured here in Florida: PGT WInguard ($7,800); CGI Sentinel ($8000); Mr. Glass Windows & Doors ($6,800). All quotes include permits and all installers are highly rated. I am leaning towards CGI even though its the most expensive. I have ruled out PGT based on the many bad reviews on the BBB related to warranty service. I was surprised that PGT had so many complaints filed as every professional forum I've read rates this company and their products highly.

So, the real question I have is about Mr. Glass Windows and Doors. One of the installers rates them highly, but I can't find much on them on the internet. They have a manufacturing plant in Miami, and some of there windows are Miami-Dade NOA approved, while others are approved by the State of Florida building codes for impact windows. Does anyone have any experience with Mr. Glass impact windows/doors? Thank you!

Chris

Comments (4)