SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stupidlazydog

Cuttings and plants...photos for Rob, stush, isde, Kara, Howard and jp

stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm so grateful for all you garden webbers for sharing and enabling my obsession!

S. 'Madame Butterfly' cutting from stush, and old fashioned Christmas cactus cuttings from Rob

Tacinga inamoena 'Marlon's Dwarf' cutting from Kara

Jatropha podagrica, Uncarina roesliana, and Pachypodium cactipes plants from isde

Hildewintera hybrid cutting from jp

Arrojadoa rhodantha cutting from jp

Micranthocereus flavispinus ssp alvinii cutting from jp

Echevaria Etna from Howard

Thank you all so much :-)

Comments (24)

• ElectronicAlchemist42
    4 years ago

Nice babys :)

stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a thanked ElectronicAlchemist42
  • stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a
    Original Author
    4 years ago

lol, I've been putting in a lot of hanging hooks, so some, whether they need it or not, are getting hung up. Not sure what will happen when everything grows larger... that's a future worry :-)

The people on this forum are so generous, and it's so much more fun and means so much more to have plants from them, than buying them (if you can find them for sale).

• isde02(zone5b)
    4 years ago

That's awesome SLD, they all look great. I'm glad that you are enjoying them, but don't run out of room just yet....lol

stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a thanked isde02(zone5b)
  • Kara 9b SF Bay Area CA
    4 years ago

Nice growth:)!

I love that Tacinga because you can keep it small or let it grow crazy. The nursery I bought it from last year has one left over. That poor thing was left out during last winter and looks terrible. It just fell apart and the pads are rotten.

Did you get a flower this year?

The Edithcolea you sent is still alive, but no flower yet. Didn’t grow much this year. I think next year I will fertilize it. What fertilizer do you use?

My baby Euphorbia bupleurifloia are semi dormant right now. All but one have one leaf and the one without a leaf there‘s green in the center.

stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a thanked Kara 9b SF Bay Area CA
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Kara, I love that Tacinga, Yes it did flower this year.

I'm glad your Edithcolea is doing well. I had a lot of trouble with root mealies last winter and lost my big Edithcolea. I do still have a seedling from it, and a bunch of cuttings that have been sitting around doing nothing so far. At least they're still green. Mine didn't flower often, and when it did, it was during hot, hot summer weather.

Also lost my big bupleurifolia to the root mealies, and only have one of the seedlings from it still alive :-(

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago

Thanks for posting....makes all of us super thrilled to see you doing so well with your greenery!

stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a thanked bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
  • Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    4 years ago

Windy, my mother plant Madam Butterfly has buds on it again this year after I gave it a severe cuttings. It regrew and them some.

Howard, Got to show how nicely colored your haworthia is growing for me.

Don't know why the one on the left is so much smaller. Both was the same when you gave them to me. Treated the same and grew them side by side. That was way back in April 2016

stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a thanked Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Stush, one of my little Madame Butterfly cuttings has a little flower bud starting :-)

Your big one looks fabulous.

Your little White Rhino Agave is still small, but has recovered well from last winter's root mealie attack and now seems securely rooted. I will post a pic tomorrow, and send it to you in the spring.

4 years ago

Thank you Windy. I have a Yellow variegated Agave Victoriae reginae called 'Lemon Lime' along with Hoovb, I can send you one come spring when they should be big enough to give out.

How's your Agave Rum Runner?

Original Author
    4 years ago

Rum Runner is looking good :-) It has such nice variegation.

Your Lemon Lime is beautiful. I would love one of those!

Got mixed up and posted the pic of your little White Rhino on the other thread :-)

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago

Nice truncata growing, Wendy. Can’t answer why they are different sizes. I have the same issue with some of my Haws and not only truncata.

Original Author
    4 years ago

Howard, I think Stush is the one that posted the H. truncatas :-)

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago

Funny. Didn’t recall giving either of you a truncata.

4 years ago

Excuse me for getting my left and right mixed up. Sign of old age.

Howard, yes that was me. Thanks Windy.

If I didn't have everything I do on different EXCEL spreadsheets noting what , who when and so forth I would never know what's going on. Some times having a bad memory helps with book keeping. If you know what I mean.

Howard, with all your breeding programs you must have some record keeping?

That first picture posted above. Love it, is it one of your cross hybrids? Looks to be a Gasterworthia?

Windy, yes I get confused between posts. Knew I posted my Lemon Lime but didn't know where. I'm mark you down in my trading list for the Lemon Lime.

BTW, what I love about EXCEL spreadsheets is that I can also put pictures along with comments so it's almost like a story book.

Picture of when I first got them. Also got the picture of order we split at Bob Smoley.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago

Stan, my best guess is those are hybrid crosses I made Of my Japanese truncata.

Now I have several more and really would love them to go to new homes for a small fee.

Then there are all of these.

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    4 years ago

Those plants look great!

4 years ago

Howard, You have been very generous to me. You gave me a ton of mixed Asclepiads I think when you were thinning down your stock.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago

Stan, sent you a note.

4 years ago

Didn't see any Haws I wanted. Limited room.

• Cathy Cokley Shilow z8 SC
    4 years ago

Bikerdoc5968, are these from seed? Very interesting. Can they be planted in cement pots?

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago

Yes Cathy. These are seed grown not tissue culture You can grow in any container as long as you do t over water.

• Cathy Cokley Shilow z8 SC
    4 years ago

Wow. I have some mixed cactus seeds I want to try this winter. Can you tell me your mix or how to start from seeds?

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago

Mix is grit. Just sow seed on top and water keep warm. Some people place container in a plastic bag until seed germinate.