SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettenoire

Please help me with my fall order

bettenoire
4 years ago

This is going to be an epic set of lists, sorry. It´s time for my annual request for input.

I am trying to get a quarter acre flower farm started here in NW Spain, and find that the roses are what give me the most joy to grow. So I´m ordering more, lots more. My criteria are cut flower suitability, fragrance, and disease resistance, in that order. Everything gets blackspot here, I´ll have to up my prevention game. I´m no spray, and the climate is 8b to 9a, probably similar to Portland, OR or Shropshire/Somerset?. Wet winters, dry summers.

I´ve already got mostly 2 year old roses:

Brother Cadfael

Munstead Wood

Evelyn

Lady of Shallot

Pilgrim

Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Chandos Beauty

Whiter Shade of Pale

F. Mistral

Apricot Nectar

Artemis

Purple Lodge

So now for new trials, of which I should order 2 each, so I can´t have them all. Can you let me know if these are reasonably good contenders for cutting/repeat/fragrance? (You will see a lot of forum enabled choices here.)

Austins

Bathsheba

Vanessa Bell

James Galway

Fighting Temeraire

A Shropshire Lad

Boscobel

Lichfield Angel

The Ancient Mariner

The Lark Ascending

Leander

English Elegance (never heard of this one, but liked the picture)

Olivia Rose

Sweet Juliet

Lavendar/Mauves - I don´t have any light ones and would like to narrow it down to 2 or 3

Mamie Blue

Neptune

Novalis/Poseiden

Blue River

Blue Girl

C. DeGaulles

Dioressence

Florence Dellattre

Indigoletta

Lavendar Charm

Lav. Pinocchio

Blue Moon

Weird colors - I don´t really like odd mauve/sepia/grey/ochre roses, but the florists do. Thought about Distant Drums, but Tuincentrum doesn´t offer it. Any thoughts about the following:

Koko Loko

Ginger Syllabub

Eisvogel

Creme Caramel

Acropolis

Belle Epoque

And roses I liked the looks of or have been recommended for cut flowers in books/online:

Parfume d´Orleans

Colette

Valencia

Schloss Eutin

Sally Holmes

Compassion

Also to come is an OGR order. I´m thinking about ordering from Peter Beales before Halloween in case it´s my last chance before Brexit.

My instagram is https://www.instagram.com/granxaromanesca/ if you´re interested.

Thank you so much!

Comments (13)