SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Payment Schedule for Covered Porch Remodel

numbersjunkie
4 years ago

Looking for help from some pros here. We have a 10 x 24 covered porch that needs to be totally rebuilt, except for the roof which attaches to the house roof. We're using premium products, have some construction complexities, and the preliminary total cost is $27K (we expect the final total cost to come in around $30-$35K).

The contractor we are considering gave us a draw schedule that we aren't comfortable with. Assuming a total cost of $27K, there was a large initial payment of $16,600 (materials cost presumably), a draw after demo, a draw after framing ( each around 5K), and a final payment which was only about $3K. It seems to us that the final payment would have to cover all of the decking install, railing install, ceiling install, trim work and cleanup. If for some reason we had to find someone else to complete the work, I know $3K would never cover that given the size of the deck and the stair layout (5' wide steps, one section down to a platform/landing and 2 lower stair sections going out from the side of the platform/landing).

He's asked us what we would be comfortable with, and I'm hoping for some guidance. I just want to be fair.

Here's a picture of that helps.

Comments (13)