Restless about natives.
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (2K)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
HAVE: Restless natives
Comments (7)I did a google search and found that what you were saying was very real and true. This is really sad as I really enjoy making gooseberry jam. It is also sad that another plant that has history here in Maine is now out of the diversity list as one of Maines legal plants to grow freely here. :( Here is a link that might be useful: Maines list of bad plants...See MoreSecret Squirrel is getting restless.
Comments (150)Klick~ Yes email me anytime.. You said ou were working on your masters too? I got my MSN 4 years ago and had to write a thesis.. I did it on Woman's knowledge of cardiovascular risk factors.. I won Nurse Investagator of the year.. Pretty cool... I got my final gift today and I thank you very much. It is so cool that you sent that to me I am going up North this summer to look for some Ostrich Fern I guess they are native here. Klick sent me a really cool map lookin thing that has all the plants native to Michigan, and some great smelling lotion and some super gingery altoids.. Thanks Susan~ I sent out your gifts together for 3-4 because I misaddressed week 3 and it came back to me. So 3-4 will be there soon in one box... Laura...See MoreQuestion about Restless Leg or pain in the ball of my foot
Comments (1)Hi libbyliz, I have fibromyalgia, and developed alot of that buzzing everywhere.....scalp, legs, feet, intestines... I think you might have 2 different problems going on. I think you need to see a podiatrist about your foot problem. Sounds like you could use some metatarsal support. And who knows.....maybe the buzzing and the foot problem are related, in that you're probably stressing your entire leg. I have foot problems and knee problems, and that can make my entire leg ache. Another thing that might help you is to take larger amounts of the B vitamins. Find a good multi-B vitamin and take it every day. Also take a good sublingual B12 vitamin. When I used to have alot of funky neuro symptoms in my legs, my neurologist had me get a ferritin level. He said its more specific than just an iron level and he's seen people with normal Ferritin levels who actually need more to get rid of their symptoms. I took iron for awhile, and it helped. So you might consider adding an iron pill to your daily intake too. Do you have sleep apnea? If you do, and you begin to use a CPAP machine, you may find that your RLS eases up. Its curious.......I only get it in the evenings if I eat sugar/carbs in the evening. Are you starting through menopause? I got tons of funky symptoms during perimenopause....See MoreQuestions about native trees (zone 6b) x-post
Comments (1)The sun exposure requirements for Styrax americanus and Halesia species are about the same...full sun to partial shade. The fact that your styrax leaned towards the sun was because that's what plants do, not because of it's sun exposure requirements. Sun exposure requirements are about plant health and vigor, not phototropism. Allegheny chinquapins are susceptible to chestnut blight and are a host for oak wilt....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

EARTH DAYBeyond Honeybees: Learn About These 10 Fascinating Native Bees
Every garden attracts a variety of bees. Find out more about common bee genera that often get overlooked
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDES5 Things to Know About Watering Your Native Garden
Ensure the success of your new plantings with a smart approach to irrigation
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESWhat to Know About Starting Your First Native Plant Garden
Fall is an ideal time to plant a sustainable garden that supports wildlife and looks good too
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDES5 Things to Know About Weeding and Mulching Your Native Garden
What’s the best time to pull weeds? How thick should the mulch be? Here’s the scoop for a healthy landscape
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDES15 Native Flowers That Feed Native Bees
These perennials offer superfood to hundreds of bees and are gorgeous in their own right
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESGreat Native Plant: Cleveland Sage
Get a whiff of this salvia for a garden experience to remember. Oh, and you can almost forget about maintenance
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESWe Bust 4 More Native Plant Myths
Have you been taken in by these fallacies about gardening with native plants?
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESGreat Native Plant: Rattlesnake Master for Unique Interest
Serpents actually don’t give a hoot about this prairie wildflower, but insects do — and the foliage is a big draw too
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDES8 Native Shrubs for Year-Round Bird Feeding
It’s not just about berries. These plants provide insects for birds and seasonal interest for gardeners
Full Story
GROUND COVERSNative Alternatives to English Ivy, Japanese Pachysandra and Periwinkle
These shade-loving ground covers are good for the environment and say something about where you are
Full StoryMore Discussions































































Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)