SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mglibra

Trying to Sell My Home

Marlene Graham
4 years ago

My home has been on the market with licensed real estate agents for a few months now. I have had three offers two could not come to terms and was not able to ratify the contract. the other one had a 60 day contingency to sell their home and after I got a close date, I began to sell furniture, including my bed, dining room table, accent chairs in the family room. Then The couple withdrew their offer. Never knew why, but my agent said they found another house.

I will attach the link of the virtual tour. I am open to suggestions. I don't have much money to a lot, but I recently updated the kitchen lights to recessed. I am wondering if I should paint the living room wall an accent color? Is the foyer living room too bland with the white paint. Should I choose another color for the shelving in the hallway that I painted bluish gray? I am open to suggestions. I am also willing to work with a designer or stager if needed. However, I am retired and on a tight budget.

https://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=2635444&idx=1

Comments (36)

• katinparadise
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

You have a lovely home. There are only two things I see. 1-the description of the kitchen says maple cabinets. I'm quite sure the cabinets are oak. 2-I think the deck and shed could use a bit of a power washing. There's algae on the shed and the deck needs a bit of brightening up. Other than that, there's nothing glaringly offensive at all.

• itsourcasa
    4 years ago

Don't touch the inside, it's great. Most may take into consideration a kitchen remodel but don't spend any money there. Maybe power wash the deck as katinparadise said, that's it. Is the price in line with other similar homes in the area?

• Related Discussions

Water Logged

Q

Comments (15)
    LOL Josh! I know! I didn't have selling on my mind when I did that. It all happened kind of suddenly when a realtor I know called to say my house fit every point on the criteria for the house a client was looking for. I had just run upstairs for the umpteenth time and so I said ok. That person did not, of course, buy. She thought the house was cold - the windows were open...Duh! By now I had the bit between my teeth and had found a house I liked...new appliances, bamboo floors, small but lovely kitchen and a master bath with a walk-in shower tiled in soft grey slate with a discreet spot of color here and there. 1200 s.f. down from the 1800 I have now. No water view...but I'll get over it and the beach is only five minutes down the hill. Getting it ready to sell? The usual of course, keep the garden neat, the house picked up and if you have animals keep them fluffed up and non-smelly. Put away your family photos, your knick-knacks...people want to see as clean a slate as possible because then they can imagine their stuff there. Art on walls is okay. The new and improved buyers have their inspection done on Tuesday and then they have to sell their house - hopefully to someone who doesn't!
    ...See More

Any advice on selling in a buyer's market?

Q

Comments (19)
    dabunch, Florida's biggest problem is one they cannot control which is hurricanes and the effect they have had on its market in many ways. Even with huge price reductions the cost of insurance and taxes can easily add $700 to $1000 a month to the average home (Under $300k). Another big issue caused by hurricanes is that the cost to build a home in the state is now very expensive to meet the huricane code. Just putting window protection on an average size home can cost upwards of $25k. Prices will certainly fall back some more, especially on the resale market, but Florida will never again be an inexpensive place to live or retire to. qdognj, you are right. In SoFla, a wood frame house is very hard to sell because of the perceived inferiority of the structure for withstanding hurricane force winds. I say perceived because its is possible to build a woodframe house that is capable of withstanding the worst of mother nature, but woodframe is generally thought of by most Floridians as cheap construction. If you have a woodframe house you can price it right and it will still sit.
    ...See More

Holes in my yard

Q

Comments (9)
    I'm also from MS. Definitely cicadas. It is a brood year and they are every where. My yard is filled with these holes and the surrounding plant life is littered with the shed exoskeletons. If you live in the country there is a low drone 24/7 from the millions of these guys that popped out of the ground this year. Interestingly enough it doesnt appear to be state wide. I work on the gulf coast during the week and havent heard the first peep out of them. But back home in Lincoln Co, its enough to drive you mad. http://www.cicadamania.com
    ...See More

House on the market for 16 months...

Q

Comments (58)
    I live in the same county as this house. I would say that the price seems a bit high for residential given the school district and the amount of work it appears to need. I would definitely interview multiple realtors. We found a fantastic realtor by watching the signs in our neighborhood and calling on a realtor that had recently sold a house down the street. Professional pictures make a big difference around here too. Our realtor had professional photos taken, had us on her office realtor open house tour and a local realtor open house tour. Knock wood we got an offer in under a month. I expected much much longer given I live in an area that is not too desirable to locals for other reasons than your town. there is also something to be said for small changes in price. While mine was listed and I was looking for a new house, I looked daily at trulia to see what new had come on the market and what new had dropped price. it kept the houses popping up on the radar even when they made 1k drops. I see that a lot around here. Sadly, you are getting to the end of the busy season here. that can be good if there is someone looking, but for residential I dont think as many are looking right now so there is a lower pool of people looking. I am not so sure changing the town will make a difference. I can say that I only look at school based on school district since it is so confusing around here with the school borders vs town borders. hope that helps some, it sounds like you are going the commercial route which I am sure is much different and I have no experience there! :) I bet that is a better bet... : similar house in the same district another house for much less in your district
    ...See More
  • PRO
    Filipe Custom Woodwork
    4 years ago

Agree with the top. I am not seeing much wrong with it. Beautiful inviting home.

Based on your offers people are indeed interested in your lovely home and it seems it was not an issue with your home but issues on their end. I would consult with the realtor and see what else can be done or if there has to be a price adjustment based on the comps in your area. Wow on your end money goes a long way to get a decent home. On our end your home would easy sell for 3 times as much. Good luck and keep us posted.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 years ago

House looks very nice.

So the house is selling, but your realtor is dropping the ball for you. Keep in mind that your home is only worth what people are willing to pay. Is your asking price close to the appraised value?

People should not be able to withdraw a contract without losing their earnest money. Only take a contract with at least $10k in earnest money. If you take a contract with contingencies, you want to be able to continue showing the house so you can accept another contract.

• decoenthusiaste
    4 years ago

I think you'll get a viable offer. It is a nice home. Is everything in good repair and working order? It looks immaculate and already staged with what I assume is your own stuff. Start with the exterior. You should have the drive and walkway pressure washed, and if you can afford to replace the black mulch, do so with something more natural like cyprus or cedar. The first issue I saw was the little black and white scatter rugs starting at the entry and running down the hall. Remove those in favor of a single runner placed in the actual hallway. Second issue is the matched rugs and the entry and between the living/dining areas. Take that second rug to the kitchen and remove the current kitchen runner. You could use a large rug that slips under the front 1/3 of the sofa and extends past the ends of it by a foot or more. If you buy one, get it to work in your new home. As for styling, the only issue I see is the bookcases. They all seem stuffed with paperbacks, which is a "no-no." I love the ones in the hall but they just look utilitarian. For the market, remove them and add some large decor items instead. Do the same with the bookcase in the great room. If you feel you've messed up by selling some stuff, you may be able to rent some items, and local staging services may have pieces they'll rent. The kitchen looks a little lifeless and could use a bowl of fruit. The breakfast table looks to be the outdoor table with cloth over it, and the rug underneath is too narrow. I would take the table outside to go with its chairs and leave that area bare inside. It is pretty obvious what it is for with the light fixture above the table area. Maybe you can go ahead and sell those chairs if you don't need them. The backyard could use a bit of a cleanup and possibly some repairs. Make sure the lattice is in good shape and secured under the deck. While you have the pressure washer, the little storage shed could use a wash. Maybe the roof of it needs cleaning too. If you don't sell it by December, start thinking of next summer's market. Are you in a good school district? Families shop for homes to occupy before school starts. Ask the realtor for feed back on what lookers are saying. The only issue that you could change for the next season would be the blue in the upstairs. It isn't neutral enough for some. Don't paint any colors unless you match to the downstairs. People may like the first floor but then see work on the second floor. The shower seems a bit chunky and masculine to me, and that would be a pricey change to make. Painting that wainscot and sink area to match the white trim and the downstairs might improve the master bath.

• deb s
    4 years ago

Did any of the potential buyers have an inspection done and was it shared w you? Many (too many inspectors) find "issues" that may not be issues or issues you should take care of or disclose. If you were in contract the sellers can only back out w cause-- but most lawyers will tell them they can back out as its too expensive and time consuming for you to pursue keeping the deposit. The problem is if your realtor changed your status to pending then back on market its a red flag for many buyers.

I would consider switching realtors or taking the house off the market for a while -- something may be askew w your realtors ability to hold a deal together

• Dayna Frei
    4 years ago

Wow, I think you have a lovely home and the pictures are excellent. I don't see anything about the home itself that's an issue!

• graywings123
    4 years ago

Your house is lovely, and I don't see anything that would turn off an otherwise interested buyer. I take issue with the statement that a bookcase filled with paperbacks is a "no-no." That's just silly. Don't spend any money on superficial staging items - your house looks fine.

I would be curious enough to ask my agent what house the buyers picked over yours. She - or even you - should be able to find out.

• Janie Gibbs-BRING SOPHIE BACK
    4 years ago

Hi Marlene,

Here is your competition.

Maybe go to some open houses this holiday weekend and see what's up?

FWIW, I think your house is lovely, very white, clean and uncluttered. I do kinda think the "bland white paint foyer" comment in your post may be accurate.

Maybe a little more texture and larger table for dining room?

https://www.searchallcharlottenchomes.com/results-gallery/?postalcode=28277&sort=importdate&status=A

Let's get your property sold so you can go enjoy your retirement!!

Agree it's a great listing and pictures.

• Jennifer Hogan
    4 years ago

I sold real estate and worked for a real estate attorney.

Bottom line is that a buyer is going to buy the nicest home they can for the money. It is a huge investment and they are going to do their research. In just a few minutes this is what I found out.

Your home is listed for $315 k 4 br, 3 ba, 2769 sf.

Was originally listed at $322 k in Feb 2019

Price history also shows that this home was sold on 5/30/2018 for $292 k and prices have gone up by 3.5% in the past year. That comes to $302 k

The Zillow z estimate is $312 k

eppraisal is estimating the value at $298 k

This home sold in your neighborhood in April It was listed for sale @ $310 and sold for $300 k in 15 days. Built 3 years after your home, has 2.5 bathrooms instead of 3, but is also 130 sf larger and has a screened in patio.

In addition to the price being too high I also pulled up some homes in the area on Zillow

This is what I found (I took out the addresses to protect your privacy).

Your home is listed on Zillow without any pictures and the street view from google has been filtered for privacy. Can't see what the house looks like.

If I open your listing this is what I see

If I open the one next to it this is what I see

• btydrvn
    4 years ago

I think it may be a marketing failure...there’re too many pictures of the same thing...there is no “I wonder if” enticement here....by the time you see everything so many times ....it feels like you have seen it all...maybe this is how it is done in your area...but I would trim it down a little...

• justdesserts
    4 years ago

How much is your realtor doing for you? I know things differ in all areas. Has the realtor done what you expected? Advertising, open house, invitation to other realtors to view, etc. Sometimes it just takes a while but it's a lovely home. Talk with your realtor, get feedback and thoughts. Maybe discuss listing price? Good luck to you.

• mle0782
    4 years ago

Lovely home-I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Honestly, the only things I would do would be to power wash the deck and I’d put a couple of larger planters with more color by the front door for a pop of color to draw your eye to the entrance. It may be all subliminal psychology, but great looking front doors just get you interested in what is inside. Also, think about a few planters on the back deck too.

• Brenda
    4 years ago

Agree- really lovely home! I would also buy it in a heartbeat. I have no suggestions but hope you are able to sell soon.

• Val B
    4 years ago

Really nice home. Much more lovely on the inside than I expected from the outside (outside looks very customary, inside looks special). Here’s what I noticed:

1. The foyer is a bit too white. Maybe paint/strip the stair railing and treads? I like everything else in white.
    2. Why are there so many pictures of that dining area with the small table and 2 upholstered chairs? I’d remove a couple. There also seem to be too many flyer pics.
    3. It looks like some lower cabinets or a counter are missing below the upper cabinets to the left of the fridge.

Good luck!

• Kate E
    4 years ago

Your home is stunning! The ONLY thing I would change is remove some of the extra area rugs. Leave in obvious areas like entry way, kitchen sink, but I’d take them out of walkways and hallways. As a buyer I’d think that they must be needed and so I will have to buy a bunch.

But honestly, that’s the only thing I can think of. Yes, the entry way is very white - but as a buyer it’s a nice clean slate. I’d love it that way- but one could easily add a bit of color to that space if desired.

I also wonder what kind of feedback you can get. Perhaps your realtor can reach out to those who walked away and ask for real feedback - to help you. Maybe they couldn’t quite afford it, and realized they were stretched too far. Maybe an inspector made something sound bigger than it is - a zillion scenarios.

Assuming it’s priced well, which I would guess it is since you’ve had multiple offers, I’m stumped. It’s a gorgeous home, and I hope folks here can help!!

• Kate E
    4 years ago

One other thing - I’m guessing it’s not the case... but is the garage crammed with stuff that’s been removed from the house for showings? I’ve seen that with houses often - the house is gorgeous and spacious and then the garage has stuff packed to the ceiling- and you question if the house really has enough storage space if the current owners have that much in the garage :)

• Marlene Graham
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you so much for your comments. Someone asked where the house is located. It is located in Huntersville, North Carolina, in the Cedarfield Subdivision, minutes from Charlotte. If interested in knowing more, I can be reached on 202-320-3590. I was surprised I received no feedback on the color of the shelves in the hallway off of the foyer. They are a bluish/gray. Should I paint them a more neutral color like a deep grayish/taupe? Below are responses to other questions:

1. A CMA (Comparable Marketing Analysis) was done by the agent, and the house is priced right

2. The garage is not crammed full of stuff. It is practically empty and neat.

3. The small dining room table, small kitchen table I bought on Craigslist after getting a close date from a buyer, I am downsizing so I sold large pieces, including desk in the first floor office.

4. The pictures in the dining room look appropriate to the size (in person).

5. I am planning to have the decks power washed and possibly stained next weekend. I had the exterior power washed months ago. I was considering painting the existing exterior trim a bright white. What are your thoughts?

I've owned the house a little over a year. I am moving due to knee replacement surgery over a year ago and I have fallen since I've been in the house. I am in constant pain going up and down the stairs. One major improvement I made to the house was to build the living room floor up and add hardwood. It was a sunken living room with carpet, which is typical in this neighborhood. I had a professional flooring company perform the work.

https://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=2635444&idx=1

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    4 years ago

Marlene, I see nothing about the way your house is presented that throws up red flags. It looks sufficiently neutral, clean, move-in ready. Bland is typically thought to be better when showing, it will appeal to the widest range of potential buyers. An accent wall is often thought dated any more and can reflect personal taste - which we try to limit.

You've had failed offers, so not a lack of interest. After this many weeks, a slow sale could be in part effort of your realtor, your local market, or your listing price.

Would you repost your concerns in the Buying and Selling Homes forum which might be a more appropriate place for it. There are a few realtors participating there who could weigh in and give you more professional pointers.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/buying-and-selling-homes

• chloebud
    4 years ago

"I was surprised I received no feedback on the color of the shelves in the hallway off of the foyer."

I wouldn't worry much about the paint color. You could go with white like the rest of the house, but the blue is far from being a deal-breaker for buyers IMO. Your house is very nice. Our current home was full of crazy wallpaper when we first saw it. We loved the house, so it was easy to dismiss it.

• wacokid
    4 years ago

Designers are going to "design". But you are selling in a lousy market. Mortgage "purchase" applications are down, and continue to fall. On record to be the worst year since 2011. No amount of "moving furniture" is going to help. There is a constant drum beat of a rescession, probably making home buyers nervous on buying. You need just one buyer, how to get one will be difficult.

• nickel_kg
    4 years ago

FWIW I love the blue bookcases -- my favorite feature in your lovely home. I wouldn't worry about staging, I don't have to wonder about how to use any space and it all looks clean and uncluttered. The missing cabinetry next to the fridge is odd but not a deal breaker.

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    4 years ago

The deck is the only part that looks tired. If it were my house I would paint all of it white except the floor surface which I would stain a neutral grey. At this point I would power wash it, put out nicer cushions on the chairs, and replace the photos in the listing

• btydrvn
    4 years ago

Don’t know if anyone commented on this but the first thing that caught my eye was the concrete and driveway...the blackish parts could be steamed cleaned as well.....as it is a distraction from the curb appeal

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    4 years ago

I would bring up with your realtor the stuff noted by Jennifer Hogan above... these days home searches start on Zillow long before someone gets with a realtor.. If your Zillow listing shows none of the beautiful pictures of your home, why would anyone then ask a realtor about it?

The price seems fair and you already had 3 people want to purchase - thats great!

Hang in there - it will sell

• Olychick
    4 years ago

Echoing what others are saying, it's a beautiful home with gorgeous furnishings. I would not change one thing inside. The blue shelves add some relief from all the white, as does the color of the dining room and the blue bedrooms. No one is going to care about throw rugs or paperback books.

As others have said, clean up the deck and driveway and it will look pristine. I hope it sells soon for you!

• misa
    4 years ago

agree with ritasj- your front concrete driveway and walk need to be power washed. First impressions as far as curb appeal. Clean the deck, shed too.

Otherwise, a lovely home.

• oaktonmom
    4 years ago

I agree that it’s a lovely, clean home. My only objection would be the painted white spindles on the staircase, but there’s not much you can do about that.

• cpartist
    4 years ago

The only thing I noticed was the deck and the wires hanging from the tv. I wouldn't do anything else to the house. Whomever buys it will come in and change it how they like it.

For example, you decide to paint the blue cabinets in the hallway. Then some young couple comes in and says, gee I don't like that color. Wouldn't it be great if it was blue? Meaning you're never going to please everyone and so as long as you have as lovely a house as you do, don't go changing things.

Instead, I'm guessing you got a dud of a RE agent and it might be time to change agents to one who's better at closing the sale.

• cathyyg
    4 years ago

Yeah, about those comparable market values from the realtor....

The first realtor came with only comps for 2 bedroom ranch houses, and so wanted to price our 3 bedroom 1.5 story as a a 2 bedroom ranch. Goodbye.

The next realtor wanted to price our house at the price where similar homes in the same neighborhood were listed and not selling for 2 years. Goodbye.

We found another realtor who listed our house for what people were actually offering for similar homes. Sold it in a week. Sure, we might have been able to squeeze an extra 15% but we were interested in *selling the house*, not maximizing our profit. You have to figure whether your biggest priority is selling or profiting, and act accordingly.

• Mrs Pete
    4 years ago

I'm in the general vicinity -- very general vicinity -- and, while I don't know your specific neighborhood, you're in a very desirable town. I'm certainly no expert, but your price seems about right. I see a few things I'd change if it were my house, but they're all opinion -- not problems. One issue may be that the market is kinda flooded with houses in this price range and this size; that is, buyers have lots of similar houses from which to choose.

I wouldn't do anything that costs "real money" to this house. You'd just be guessing what people might like. My best thoughts:

- Remove those small throw rugs. Plain floors will show better.

- No, don't paint those blue shelves! I like them a great deal. Blue is generally accepted as "almost a neutral"; even if it's not a buyer's favorite color, few people find it offensive. Same thing for the blue in the other rooms -- leave it all. The paint job is nice, and you have so little color in the house.

- Agree that a pressure wash would "perk up" the deck, and that doesn't cost much.

- Like another poster, I did notice lots of electrical cords.

- What's the empty space beside the refrigerator / open space with upper cabinets? It's a bit odd, and I have no idea what is supposed to be in that spot?

- I don't think the rug in the breakfast room is doing your house any favors, but I also can't believe it'd stop people from buying.

- The bookcase in the Great Room would look nicer if you spread out the books /brought in some knick-nacks or whatever so it doesn't look empty. But, again, I can't believe that'd be a factor in people's willingness to make an offer. Note: I'm not saying spend any money at all ... just spread out the books and fill in the empty spaces so the room looks "lived in".

- I'd display something on the empty shelves in the master bath.

- The connecting bath looks empty -- how about a vase of flowers or a potted plant? And some linens. It's a nice bath -- just empty, and empty can feel uninviting.

- You ask whether you should paint an accent wall in the living room. It's something I'd probably do if it were mine; if you do, it should be blue to tie into the nearby bookcase. Maybe you should do this ... but only if you can do it very inexpensively, and I don't feel strongly yes or no about this.

- No, absolutely don't paint the exterior bright white. Bright white is popular right now because "modern farmhouse" is a thing ... but your house isn't even remotely farmhouse. Your exterior paint appears to be in excellent condition. I don't see how a slightly different color would be helpful at all ... not when you have a nice, neutral color.

• dchall_san_antonio
    4 years ago

Not sure what I was expecting but you really do have to see it to believe it. Everyone called the house lovely, etc. THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT. That house would sell for $250 per square foot easily in my area. Still, going through you can see some things you missed in staging it. Here's my list.

Pressure wash driveway, walkway, and brick steps (mentioned many times)

Get the grass out of the mulch

Dimmers at front entry are almond colored

Some electrical outlets are almond

Get an electrician or handyman to replace all the almond outlets, switches, and faceplates.

Lampshade in entry could be a less neutral color - maybe bluish leading into the "library"

Library books should be thinned out.

The return air grille in the dining room looks dirty. Is that dirt or just lighting?

Fridge looks far away from the sink and oven. That could be the wide angle lens. And it does look like they took out the cabinets left of the fridge.

Carpet in front of a fireplace seems hazardous.

Living room bookshelves are not staged at all. Things that make you say, "Wha??"

Cable control in the living room. Put something in front of those outlets.

No toilet paper holder in toilet area?

Textured wallpaper in bathroom needs to go, but don't you do it. Let the buyer do it.

Cable control on both sides of the big bedroom

Main water control in shower is wonky. Straighten that out.

Plastic sinks in the white bathroom. Today people expect to see ceramic in a nice house.

Back yard looks neglected without grass

Deck has been mentioned many times. Faded deck furniture should be tossed.

• Kate E
    4 years ago

I just thought of something - we once walked away from an offer that had been accepted when we realized the taxes were much higher than listed. Are the taxes listed in your sales documents current? That could be something a realtor could mess up that could cause a buyer to walk away.

• Jennifer Hogan
    4 years ago

I understand your reluctance to believe your home is over priced, but the average list time in your city is about 45 days. Your home has sat on the market for months.

You bought your home for $292, you invested another 20k ish to raise the living room floor. Prices have gone up a bit and you hope to recover your investment. Sadly, home renovations generally don't increase the price of your home nearly as much as the cost of doing the renovation.

You had 3 offers, but "two could not come to terms and was not able to ratify the contract"

What terms couldn't be negotiated? My bet it was the price - they were low ball offers and you couldn't come to a middle ground

The third buyer wanted to lock something in while they went through the process of selling their home so that they didn't end up with double mortgage payments. Did you get a hefty deposit to lock them into the sale so that walking away if they found something better would hurt? Nope, it wasn't a large enough non refundable deposit, so they had time and motivation to keep looking and they found something better. Either a better price or a better home for the same price.

" A CMA (Comparable Marketing Analysis) was done by the agent, and the house is priced right "

If your house was priced right it would have sold. If your home was priced right why did you lower the price?

How the Real Estate agent makes money - getting listings, not necessarily selling those listings. For every listing I got I could guarantee that I would get dozens of phone calls from people looking to buy a house. I would generally hook about 5 buyers for every listing. That is 5 commissions. Without a listing how am I going to make the phone ring?

Running a CMA - the realtor places parameters into the computer, usually zip code, # of bedrooms, # of bathrooms and a Square footage range.

The computer generates a list of homes that have sold and the realtor picks which properties they want to use for the CMA. If they are doing doing things correctly they should pick 3 homes that sold within the past 6 months in the same neighborhood and similar condition, but they don't have to do this and most realtors will jack the price up a bit to help lock the listing. If they know what you want for the house they will target that price.

When I sold my last home I went to various open houses and researched prices in my neighborhood. I didn't say that I was a former realtor, but just told the realtors that I was thinking about selling in the next 6 months. This always generated a request to come see my home and discuss listing my home. I accepted a few offers just to see what list price they would come up with. Every one of them came in a good $25-$30 k inflation on the value of my home. They generally included at least 1 home from the golf course community that was built 40 years after my neighborhood.

I also had a flipper try to buy my home. He brought comps for much smaller homes that were just over the border of the next city. I lived only a few blocks from the city border, but that changed the quality of the schools drastically. He offered me $75 k less than what the house was worth and had comps to prove it.

The truth is that the longer your house sits on the market the less money you will get for your home. People assume something is wrong with the house or that the owner must be getting desperate and lower and lower offers come to the table.

The best way to sell a home quickly and get the most money for your home is to price it right when you list the house. Don't test the market and plan on lowering the price later - it will not get you a better price and most likely will lower your price and drag out the selling process.

• cathyyg
    4 years ago

Hmm, I think this is the more detailed, better explained version of what I said yesterday.